Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does a 340c fit into a Salamander Synergy cabinet ?

Default Does a 340c fit into a Salamander Synergy cabinet ?

Anyone have a 340 center in the center cube of the Salamander Synergy cabinet (looking at Triple 20)? Although they don't list the inside measurements, looks like depth should be ok, but not sure about ht & width. I could always check it w/ a tape measure, but wanna know if others have done it with success.

340 C (h x w x d) 7.5" x 21" x 10.5"

here's link to Salamander site:

http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/syn/singles.jsp

No, it won't. The Salamander Synergy sections are just under 20" wide IIRC.

They do list internal dimensions - (ID= 19.75" W x 18" D)

Darn, back to the drawing board or just place on top, I guess. Saved me a trip to GG. Thanks to this forum as always.

Default any other cabinet?

I have an old beat-up particle-board cabinet which holds my 340C, 42" plasma, 4 components (receiver, cable, dvd/vcr, htpc). Now that I'm upgrading the equipment, the boss would like to upgrade the cabinet.

Besides DIY, custom and Salamander, what other (affordable) choices are there which will hold a 340C?
    Last edited by lmm; 10-25-2005 at 12:01 AM.

BGHD,

If you have the time and tools, build your own Salamander. I did, and I like my stand better than theirs. There are pictures in these threads:

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=998
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...9&page=1&pp=10

If you don't mind raising your TV higher than a Triple 20, you can always add a Triple Riser which will give you enough space below the TV for a 340C.
    -Jim

Jimsiff,
    That's impressive! I'll have to investigate the DIY route now, since yours looks so pro-like. Yeah, the Salamander is a little overpriced, so maybe it'll be worth the time/effort.

Another brand I saw (learned from "Show us pictures of your plasma" thread in AVS) was from diamondcase.com. I actually went to their showroom in Yorba Linda, CA (yup, birthplace of Nixon) & was pretty impressed with the quality (heavy casters, good ventilation in back, wood throughout I believe, rounded corners). I liked the Theater Tech 400, which has a wide center section that should fit the 340c, but it'll probably run about $2000+ or so. During the 15 minutes I was there, a couple contractors bought that exact credenza without even blinking, so they probably had success with their stuff. Definitely on the pricey side for me, but it was the closest to a piece of furniture I've seen, rather than just an A/V cabinet. Darn, $2000 is more than I spent on the Ascends! Should've taken wood shop instead of metal in high school.

Here's a link:

http://www.diamondcase.com/TT/TT_HTML_Files/TT400.HTML

And, no, I don't work for that company.

Thumbs up

If you have the option to mount it over the top of the TV, you can try this wall mount mentioned on this forum link:
    Perfect Center Channel Wall Mount
    Feel Free to visit my website:
    The Bailey's Home Theatre in Our Living Room

Equipment List:
    Hitachi 57F59 HD CRT RPTV
    Outlaw 990/7125 PrePro/Amp
    Panasonic BD10 Blu-Ray Player
    Mains: Ascend CMT-340M
    Center: Ascend CMT-340C
    Surrounds: Ascend CBM-170
    Sub: SVS 25-31PC

I remember looking at the Diamond Case stuff. It's definitely top shelf, with a price to match. In any case, good luck in your stand search. Unless you're stuck putting your center channel on a shelf below the TV, you should seriously consider the mounting option Lee linked to. It looks clean and offers the best sound quality for RPTVs.
    -Jim