Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't Wait for Revenge of the Sith

Went and saw it again...

I'll maintain my out of rating.

Saw it yesterday with my son. I'd place it in second behind "Empire", and even with "A New Hope". Once I see it again I may change the standings, but my son and I really enjoyed it.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

My sons gave me Episode 1 and 2 on DVD for my birthday. We'll be watching those at home, then go see the new one in a week or two. Should be fun. I haven't seen AOTC yet, so it should be cool.
    -Jim

enjoy. i'd have to say that empire is my favorite as well. i've probably watched it 50 times.

i hafta say...of the new 3, this one is definitely the best even though it felt a bit "rushed"...while the first 2 of the new ones are at the bottom of my list, ROTS is definitely in my top 4

The wife and I are planning to see it this weekend since thing has died down a bit. I'm hoping that this one won't disappoint me like EP1 & 2 did...geez... In fact I just watched New Hope last night and it's interesting to see the "pieces of the story" aligned up thus far....

After seeing "Sith", my son and I watched most of A New Hope. You really gain a new perspective on the original trilogy after seeing Episode III. My son, who never really cared to watch the original Star Wars, could now make a connection to it.......pretty neat! He would turn his head and look at me smiling when certain events were referenced, such as the fact Ben Kenobi fought in the Clone Wars with Luke's father.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

***Spoiler***

I've been an avid fan since '77, and I have to say that this movie just pissed me off. I could deal with Jar-Jar in EPI, and I can live with Hayden Christianson's stiff acting, but what I really could not take was the whole Darth Vader breaking free from his restraints and yelling ala Frankenstein's Monster...just too out of character. I watched the original again the other night, and I was even more irritated by the ROTS portrayal. When I think of Darth Vader, I think of leashed rage, seething, yet in complete control, not a freak throwing a spaz. It's too bad really, because aside from that I thought it was okay...

Finally saw the movie last night.

I thought it was the best of the last three, but didn't strike me as a great movie....good...but not great.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    ....didn't strike me as a great movie....good...but not great.
    My impression was pretty much the same. What's interesting to me is considering how "low tech" the older movies were, they were actually quite entertaining without all that razzle and dazzle.