... I'm the type that will research something to death before making an important decision. Upgrading my current home theater speakers is one of them. Sites I have used in my research over the last few months include this one, EBAY, AVS Forum, Audio Review, Audioholics, and more.

I can find every brand of speaker under the sun for sale on EBAY but one: Ascend. I am curious about their resale value, and am also a bargain hunter unafraid to risk a little and save a lot. None on EBAY tells me that either or both of these are true: 1) there are so few of these out there that none are being sold. OR 2) Everyone that has these likes them so much they don't want to part with them.

I haven't found anyone who had anything bad to say about Ascend on this site. Now let's be honest, that should not surprise anyone. Who would be using this site except owners or potential owners like me. HOWEVER, I haven't found anyone on ANY site that has anything bad to say about these speakers or the company. A few people (very few) have stated they preferred x to Ascend when comparing the two, but they were still complimentary about the Ascends. This is one reason I am confident that I will enjoy these. Is it possible I won't? I guess. But are my ears or preferences really that much different than everyone else who has heard these?

One more. I am trying to decide whether or not to buy these before or after I sell my current Definitive system. I would love to do an A - B comparison, but I plan to use the funds from that sale to make this purchase. I'll have to convince the boss to go into short term debt to buy these first. I am planning to make all this happen in June when I return from vacation.

Again, just some random observations.

leonp