Thread: Jumped into the Hudson

Default Jumped into the Hudson

Well i did i finally did it... YESSSSSSSSSSSS
    i just ordered my setup and I'm thrilled. David is awesome to work with. He helped me on my dive. He remembered my name. wow thats amazing. i love this guy and his company and i can't wait to recieve my setup. All GOODS here. there is only one regret, i regret that i didn't have engouh to get the 435, dang.

Welcome to the club! I'm sure you're going to love the Ascends. You already have 170s right? Did you order 340s across the front? Do you already have a sub?
    -Jim

Well i order a pair a week prior but i havent recieved them yet. I order the vtf mk2 sub. i was going to go with 340's for the front but that eclipsch the budget i was shooting for. i wanted to add a h/k with my purchase, so i went with the 340c and 170 for rears. then eventualy i will order the 340s so a pair of 170's can become surround backs

Nicely done jojo. Thanks everyone for playing along and ditching the "PTT" phrase!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    Well i did i finally did it... YESSSSSSSSSSSS
    i just ordered my setup and I'm thrilled. David is awesome to work with. He helped me on my dive. He remembered my name. wow thats amazing. i love this guy and his company and i can't wait to recieve my setup. All GOODS here. there is only one regret, i regret that i didn't have engouh to get the 435, dang.

Default Updates

Well its may 19 star wars day. Any way I want to Thank David and James for their patience with me. This is why Ill always be an Ascend fanboy. Well i live in Calgary Ab canada and if you order a pair dont ever send it using regualar post. I ordered a pair of 170s May 5th they were sent out on the 7th. Customs told me that it would take 48hours to asscess duty cost then after 10 to 12 buisness i should recieve my package. I order the rest of system 2323 with a H/K 335. that was shipped by ups i should find out how much duty and brokage fees i have to pay on friday. i guess that full system will be hear before the one pair of 170s arrive. Customs sucks...

Hi Jojo - that's the bad thing with Canada Post - the brokerage is only $5 but you could wait up to a week. Howver, 12 business days seems a bit suspect, I've never waited that long for any package to clear customs (it's usually about two or three business days longer than UPS). At this rate, you're right - you'll get your main system before the 170's!!!

Well, I hope it gets cleared up and you get your speakers soon!! Great things come to those who wait.

Yeah kpt krunch but it feels like time is going into matrix mode over here. But i hope it comes soon because that long weekend is monday....

I think you're gonna love the Ascend/HK combo. I just started using an HK dpr 1005 & it sounds like a perfect combo. So far, the SACDs, CDs and movies I've listened to sound smooth, for lack of a better word. I'm assuming the 1005's gonna sound similar to your 335 since both from HK. I'm sure you'll let us know how it goes when you receive it.

yeah i hope so bhgd. i like the look of the all digital recivers but a little over my current budget. just found out today that i will have the package on the 25 of may because of victoria day on monday. with brokage fees and gst will will cost me $244 cad whew.

Default cost convertion

Well the canadian dollars is about 80cents when i made these purchases. that was a good thing because the loonie fell pretty hard recently but its climbing back up. Any way even though my order is'nt hear yet i have the cost figured out, and a comparrison cost of what i was going to get.

My order
    2 pair of 170's, 340c,hsu vtfmk2,h/k 335,sub cable, ascend hat(free)
    cost with shipping total in canadian $1850. Ups charges $245 , Gst is a tax we have to pay $164 brokage fees $75 tax on brokage fee $5. canada post is how the first pair was sent buy and there shipping cost should be about $30.
    Grand total $2,125

Comparison order
    3 pair of paridigm mini montors, h/k 335, sub
    cost BT(before tax) $3,600
    A piar of mini cost $500
    H/k 335 cost $1300
    Sub was around $800

BIg difference, and the mini's are entry level paridigms.
    I think i was well worth me finding out about these guys before i pludge for the minis. just a quick comparrison for those canadians who are considering Ascends and for those americans (i'm an american) who might second guys the vaule of the Ascend line.