Thread: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Default Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

strange. maybe fans of the book would really enjoy it. it's one of those movies where you walk away with mixed feelings. a little Spaceballish if you will.

slight spoiler...highlight text...
    my favorite part included a scene with a device known as the Point-of-View gun. the gun changes your point-of-view on a topic. when the actor pointed it at his girlfriend she said, "It won't work on me because I'm a woman". I laughed so hard.

5.5/10

definitely...you get some more of the jokes if you had read the book...in some respects is was a let down in regards to the old BBC version some of us have come to know and love...some of the things we had expected to be there, weren't, but the way they did some of the other things were more appreciated... so, it was a mixed bag, but if you haven't read the guide, or seen the original movie, by all means do it...all in all i still give the movie a thumbs up

I took my wife who never read the book or saw any previous version. I've never seen any previous version. My wife loved it. It was so-so for me. Definately had that British Dr. Who feel to it.
    Last edited by Quinn; 05-18-2005 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    I took my wife who never read the book or saw any previous version. I've never seen any previous version. My wife loved it. It was so-so for me. Definately had that British Dr. Who feel to it.
    Dr. Who got it's inspiration from Hitchhiker. I'm not sure if I should see it. I'm such a fan that almost anything short of the original would be a disapointment.

David

I give it out of .