Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Phrase

Default New Phrase

Why is it that, in the audio world, whenever someone decides to make a purchase and announces it on these type of forums, it is almost always referred to as "Pulling the trigger"? Is anyone else tired of seeing this phrase? Can we collectively come up with a new purchase catch phrase? Unless you are target shooting or hunting, pulling the trigger usually results in something bad. That has not been my experience after bagging a set of 340's!

Let's get creative and come up with something new!

Being proactive with a results oriented group using team playing and thinking outside the box we may be able to sift the paradigm on this issue. Lets just hope our synergy isn't thwarted by someone moving the cheese as that may lead to some negative growth. I'm not challenging your personal bandwith on this goal but have a dialogue here. Let's not micromanage the issue but address the bottom line.
    Last edited by Quinn; 05-09-2005 at 01:11 PM.

Lightbulb

It's called 'pulling the trigger', because like a gun, once you fire off the money or the bullet, you can't put it back. Not always a bad thing, if what you are shooting for gets the results you wanted.

We could try 'Oh my God, what have I done now!'

or 'Maxed out my credit card today...'
    Feel Free to visit my website:
    The Bailey's Home Theatre in Our Living Room

Equipment List:
    Hitachi 57F59 HD CRT RPTV
    Outlaw 990/7125 PrePro/Amp
    Panasonic BD10 Blu-Ray Player
    Mains: Ascend CMT-340M
    Center: Ascend CMT-340C
    Surrounds: Ascend CBM-170
    Sub: SVS 25-31PC

Hey! Who moved my cheese!
    -Jim

If that is true Lee, then it would not apply to an audio purchase, especially not with Ascend, as there is usually a money back guarantee period with most companies. On the other hand, it would make sense saying "I pulled the trigger on a new Corvette today" as there is no going back in this case.

I just thought it would be fun to hear some creative suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Being proactive with a results oriented group using team playing and thinking outside the box we may be able to sift the paradigm on this issue. Lets just hope our synergy isn't thwarted by someone moving the cheese as that may lead to some negative growth. I'm not challenging your personal bandwith on this goal but have a dialogue here. Let's not micromanage the issue but address the bottom line.
    You're HIRED! You must know what you're talking about.

The best corporate-speak-babble I've seen in a while. Nicely put.

How about "made the move"... or "shot my wad"... or "done the deed". (Gotta keep it to three words or less).

cheers

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

"Negative growth" is my favorite corporate cliche.

'Pulled the trigger' isn't as bad as the 'drank the KoolAid' saying that some people use. That one just makes me shake my head about people not understanding the details of the origin of the phrase.

Actually I've never heard the term "drank the Kool-aid" before. If it refers to what I'm thinking then definitely there is no going back.

Here in the Midwest we say, "bought the farm."

Randy

Doesn't "Drank the Kool-Aid" come from that Jim Jones cult guy? I've also heard it called "Shaved my head and drank the Kool-Aid". Now, that's funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny stuff.
    - EVH III