Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new 340's

I am eyeing either a new 20-39 pci or a used 16-46 Pci or PC +.

I imagine you like the Acend + SVS combo? (how can you not?)

congrats on your 16-46pc+ mboy, you will love that ascend+svs combo, no doubt just as great as an ascend+hsu combo

Thanks. Pretty excited to get my 340c and my new 16-46Pc+.

Quote Originally Posted by mboy
    Thanks. Pretty excited to get my 340c and my new 16-46Pc+.
    Man you have been on a spending spree! Enjoy all the new toys!

Thanks
    :-)

The sale of my JBL E80's and EC35 almost covered the 2 pre owned 340's.
    Splurged and charged the 340c, but I wil have that completely paid off by end of week.

Only wanted to spend $400 (strecthed a bit once the wife was cool with the cylinder vs box) or so on the sub, but figured WTF, now I won't have to buy a sub (or front 3) for a LOOOOONNNNGGG time.

Have some PC consulting business this weekend (side business), so that should cover about half of the 16-46PC+ :-)
    The rest, well, the wife offered to chip in a couple hundies, but I said I would cover it. SHould have that paid in a couple of weeks max, so it's all good :-)
    No one starving in the house (altho I could use a few weeks without food) and doesn't affect my weekly contribution to the own my own home fund.

Only conceivable thing I would upgrade is my surrounds (JBL E10's sides) and N24's rears, but that won't be necessary for quite a while.
    Otherwise, my 4 computers are set as is my newly overhauled HT :-) hehehehe.
    Man, can wait till the 340c and SVS arrive. Feel like a little kid (with a bigger budget

I received my new 3 front 340's on Tuesday, so I have about 8 hours of listening in so far on two evenings, and I'm very happy with my purchase! The clarity and detail of the 340's is amazing. As dae3dae3 said in the first post, they were much heavier than I expected for their size, and well-packaged (double boxed). The 340m's look fantastic on the stands which make them look like large towers (even taller than I expected). I put a 50 lb bag of play sand in each stand as people have recommended here in the forum and they are SOLID. The 340c is a monster compared to the previous two center speakers I've owned! Since they arrived, I've mostly listened to multi-channel music, DVD concerts, and just getting into sampling a few movies now - dialog sounds wonderful as do action scenes. Hi-res MC music is absolutely mind-blowing. I was listening to a couple of concert DVDs tonight that I am VERY familiar with and the clarity of the instruments was really jumping out at me, as well as sounds / instruments I never heard or noticed before. Guitars, violins, harp, etc. on the concert DVD sounded so natural I thought they were right in the room with me.

They sound so great that I'm also breaking out old CDs that I haven't played in YEARS!

Great speakers and VALUE!
    Last edited by tjennings; 10-20-2005 at 02:40 PM.
    -- Tom --
    My HT

[QUOTE=tjennings]
    They sound so great that I'm also breaking out old CDs that I haven't played in YEARS! [QUOTE]

So many of us did the same thing. I think we have a pattern developing.
    Welcome to the club. I had a "hunch" you might like em.

David

Tom....glad you are having fun.

I am also another one that broke out old CDs.
    -curtis

Can certainly add me to that list.

I am excited to give another update to my Ascend voyage.

I thought that I would give a shot at using the Bi-amp feature of my Pioneer 1015TX to bi-amp the 340's since I had extra cable and the only cost involved would be my time on a Friday evening. Either it made a huge difference for the better or I unknowingly corrected a wiring problem with the speakers. As good as they sounded before they sound absolutely incredible now. I was listening to a music video on one of the digital channels on cable and I would have swore that I was hearing sounds coming from behind me and I had the receiver in Stereo mode. I don't even know how that is possible.

I was happy before with my speakers but I am really excited now. The mids have more punch than before and the imaging is even better. I am wondering if I previously had something wired out of phase because I did not expect nearly the difference I am hearing. I also tightened down some connections so maybe I had a loose connection. The improvement was even noticeable to my wife. Whether I fixed a connection problem or the Bi-amping made a huge difference I know that I am going to keep it this way.
    Last edited by dae3dae3; 10-22-2005 at 07:45 PM.
    Darren
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1