Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help Choosing my 6.1 System!!

VERY nice system, congrats! As far as speaker wire I use the 12ga SoundKing stuff from Parts Express...it's really all you'll need. Talk to James or Davef also as they sell double twisted pair wire that would be great too. I believe Hsu recommends their subs to be placed on carpet. You really won't need the mat if you are placing on carpet. Enjoy and definitely give us an update.

Randy

-You'll get a pretty thorough Setup Guide from Ascend.
    -I believe DaveF recommends at least 14g for wire.
    -Hsu will also include a setup guide, but the 'throw rug' is only needed if you have hardwood or other non-carpeted flooring (for sound and to protect from the metal spiked feet).

Quote Originally Posted by Lou-the-dog
    VERY nice system, congrats! As far as speaker wire I use the 12ga SoundKing stuff from Parts Express...it's really all you'll need.
    Randy
    I use SK 12ga as well.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=100-155

It's very pliable and works great for running down the heat duct, through the basement and up through the air return to the surround speakers. The only reason that I'm aware of to buy more expensive cables is for cosmetic purposes. They usually look better and if they're in a noticeable area, that counts for something. How much is up to you.

David