Thread: UPS Failed Delivery Q

Default UPS Failed Delivery Q

OK, I've ordered my Ascend 340 Front and Centers and they should arrive next week via UPS.

Here's my issue:

If I get a package deliverd by FedEx and I'm not home to receive it, I can take the slip they leave to the FedEx station right up the road and pick up the package myself instead of having them try again the next day.

Does anyone know if UPS has this same option? I can't find any reference to it on their website. They only talk about how they will try again 3 times but not whether you can simply go to their station and get them yourself.

Its kind of a big deal in this case because my wife won't be home that day and I may end up having to actually take the day off to be home to receive them. But if picking them up after work is an option it saves me a day of vacation.

If not, I might see if I can get Ascend to send my stands through FedEx so I don't have to take another day off to get those. I don't care if it costs a little more, vacation is a valuable resource.

I am not sure if UPS has the same pickup service. You should try calling them.

In past, for FedEx and UPS, I have left a signed note on my door directing the driver where to leave box (side of house) and it has never been a problem.

I also leave my cellphone number if there are issues.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by LampCord
    OK, I've ordered my Ascend 340 Front and Centers and they should arrive next week via UPS.

Here's my issue:

If I get a package deliverd by FedEx and I'm not home to receive it, I can take the slip they leave to the FedEx station right up the road and pick up the package myself instead of having them try again the next day.

Does anyone know if UPS has this same option? I can't find any reference to it on their website. They only talk about how they will try again 3 times but not whether you can simply go to their station and get them yourself.

Its kind of a big deal in this case because my wife won't be home that day and I may end up having to actually take the day off to be home to receive them. But if picking them up after work is an option it saves me a day of vacation.

If not, I might see if I can get Ascend to send my stands through FedEx so I don't have to take another day off to get those. I don't care if it costs a little more, vacation is a valuable resource.

Well lamp i talked to David about ups and the issues i had with them. he told me that he could deliever it as a signed notices. that way you could leave a note on your door stateing times someone would be home

Its kind of a big deal in this case because my wife won't be home that day and I may end up having to actually take the day off to be home to receive them.
    Just take the day off! 'You'll even have more time to play with them. UPS doesn't allow pick-ups as far as I know. They won't even deliver during a specific time until they fail delivery atleast once (which is stupid).

PS> If you get sick days you could always take one of those... technically you will be home...

Just remember to moan and throw a can of corn in the toilet half-way through the call-in...

Locally, UPS will allow a pick-up after at least one failed delivery attempt. I don't know how universal that policy is.

David

Hehe! Here in Timbuctu, Iowa I would just call the UPS man's wife (who cuts my hair) and she would have him bring it home after work. Sometimes there are plusses to living in small towns (pop. 500). AND NO SIR we don't have stoplights here either (we'd just roll right thru them anyhow- no cops).

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    In past, for FedEx and UPS, I have left a signed note on my door directing the driver where to leave box (side of house) and it has never been a problem.
    Ahha!! Are you expecting a large shipment of audio goodies anytime soon Curtis??? Ummm, which side of the house...like...the left side or the right side? Just curious.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Lou-the-dog
    Ahha!! Are you expecting a large shipment of audio goodies anytime soon Curtis??? Ummm, which side of the house...like...the left side or the right side? Just curious.

Randy
    hehehehe.....

I have no urges at the moment to spend any money on my system. The only thing I can see on the horizon is possibly a new VTF-3HO(or two VTF-2HO's) if after hearing it, I can justify it. Even then....it won't be shipped, I will just go pick it up.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Mosher
    Just take the day off! 'You'll even have more time to play with them. UPS doesn't allow pick-ups as far as I know. They won't even deliver during a specific time until they fail delivery atleast once (which is stupid).

PS> If you get sick days you could always take one of those... technically you will be home...

Just remember to moan and throw a can of corn in the toilet half-way through the call-in...
    So far, I like your plan the best

if ups attempts delivery of a package that requires signature and you are not home, a delivery attempt slip should be left on your door handle. there is a # on the back of that slip that has a ups phone# you can call to request ups to hold the package at their distribution center. i believe all holds have to be made before midnight that day so that the package is not staged into the route truck for delivery in the morning.