Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ascends versus Aperions...

Question Ascends versus Aperions...

Hi everyone, first post.

After a long research period on speaker selections I have finally narrowed down my choices to either 1) the Ascend line, or 2) the Aperion Audio line.

What I am wondering is whether anybody at all here has any experience whatsoever with the Aperion products, and what you think of them - especially if you can compare their sound quality against the Ascends. The product lines for both Aperion Audio and Ascend Acoustics look like extremely high quality to me.

I realize this is a very general appeal for information, without any one particular speaker model from either manufacturer specified. So, even the most general information you might contribute to the comparison of these two speaker lines would be very appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by NewBuyer; 05-06-2005 at 11:10 PM.

I had the 522d's in home for a comparison about 2 years ago, and a friend of mine has a pair.

The cabinet is very nice. Soundwise I felt it sounded thin when compared to the CBM-170's. Not a bad speaker, but not in the same class IMO.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I had the 522d's in home for a comparison about 2 years ago, and a friend of mine has a pair.

The cabinet is very nice. Soundwise I felt it sounded thin when compared to the CBM-170's. Not a bad speaker, but not in the same class IMO.
    Thanks for your reply Curtis!

So is it correct then that nobody else here, AT ALL, has ever auditioned Aperion speakers???

I considered them awhile back, but every comparison I had read (the one I recall included Ascend, Rocket, Aperion, Axiom), had Aperion near the bottom. Now, that's not saying Aperion is bad (because I've heard they a very good) because that's some heafty competition I listed. Anyhow, I never heard them, just heard about them. I went with Ascends and I'm "happy as a clam."
    Jon O.

I listened to Aperions, but long after I had bought Ascends. I liked their new 633 (I listened to a prototype version), but didn't think their other ones were that great (including their sub). They do look nice and the 522 was smaller than I expected.

Jonny,

do you happen to have a link for that comparison? If not, do you remember how these various I-D brands ranked respectively? I'd just be curious...am pretty clamlike myself with my 340s already!

Eddie...I was a new CBM-170 owner at the time, at that listening session, and one of the three or four guys that wrote a comparison. I actually got in touch with Axiom and Aperion, and asked for speakers to bring to the session. For about two or three weeks, I had those three pairs of speakers in my home at the same time to compare. For an additional week, I also had the Rocket RS150.

I had to take care of my curiosity, and it was an EYE/EAR openning experience! Nowadays, I am still curious, but more skeptical.

I'll see if I can find my original post...but it may be tough.
    -curtis

Default Here ya go!

Wow this is an old thread

http://forum.av123.com/showthread.ph...+axiom+aperion

edit: and here's a comparison between Rocket Sig 750s and the CBM-170s....geez talk about a price differential...just throwing this in because it came up in the search for the other thread.

http://forum.av123.com/showthread.ph...+axiom+aperion
    Last edited by Jonnyozero3; 05-15-2005 at 09:32 AM.
    Jon O.

That is the session I attended.

I wonder why my post is not in there.
    -curtis

Default Missing post

Umm...yeah. THat's kind of sketchy. Did you definately post in the AV123 forum? Or was there another thread on AVS or HTF or HTSpot?
    Jon O.