Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dts CDs

Thanks curtis. That is what I figured. So, how many dts cds are there out there? Do the dts cds also play in normal cd players? (obviously without the multi-channels).

Derek

DTS is found on DVD discs, not CDs, and because they are DVDs, they will not play on regular CD players.

You can find of list of DTS music discs here http://www.dtsentertainment.com/ They list DTS as "5.1" discs, and there is also a listing for DVD-Audio discs as well.

I have a friend that recently got a job with DTS. He promised me a "swag" bag.

-curtis

Aaah, so they are not really cds! Now I understand.

Tell you friend to keep his "swag bag" to himself! []

My Pioneer 578 DVD player says "CD" when I put in my Eagles's HFO. The case doesn't say DVD anywhere on it. Both the DVD player and my Onkyo switch to DTS when I hit play, and the info screen on the DVD player indicates that it's a CD.

The reason I point this all out is that my Floyd DSOM clearly comes up as "SACD" and my Metallica Black clearly indicates DVD-A, with a DTS alternative track.

So what is this DTS-CD format that HFO is using?

Also, why do I still get 5.1 surround when playing the DTS tracks, but have the Onkyo set to MultiChannel inputs?