Page 98 of 271 FirstFirst ... 93949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Wish I could afford it, I would have the Towers with Ribbon already...............arrrrrrrrrggggh.... responsibility scks, I wanna be 18(but with cash) again!

Cricket....cricket
    Quiet in here lately, everyone too busy listening to their towers?

I thought I would contribute some small news coming my way. I bought a mic setup and plan to use REW on my wifes Mac book to take full frequency measurements. Previously I had just used REW, a RS SPL meter, etc to take measurements < 3000hz.

This is what I bought....
    http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=390-801

http://www.amazon.com/Art-ART-USB-Du...7819083&sr=8-1

I am curious how my room measures from top to bottom. I hope this was not a bad idea in that I find my room sucks(sonically)

Should be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Cricket....cricket
    Yup!

I went to the movie theater to see The Avenger's the other day. I hadn't been in a few months; and most certainly not since I got my towers.

Boy, was I disappointed. The gunshots in the movie sounded like firecrackers compared to what my home theater delivers.

Just sayin' these towers rock.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Cricket....cricket
    Not so quiet over here...

We just finished up some custom designed low-profile Horizon centers for a few customers... The results are great, while not quite as wide and as symmetrical horizontal dispersion compared to the Horizon, this version far exceeds an MTM center and at only 8.5" high, it is a very good compromise.

This speaker has the same awesome dynamics as the Horizon and when used vertically, offers the same wide dispersion as the Towers. This is a killer option for a stand mounted speaker. When positioned vertically, the height is 32.5" and the depth is 11.5". I feel it is a bit tall but we can make the cabinet deeper and then shrink the height.

This cabinet is even more complex than the Horizon. I have attached a top-down 2d mechanical drawing illustrating the slot porting and various cabinet chambers. This one was quite challenging...

Enjoy!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3 View Post
    Yup!

I went to the movie theater to see The Avenger's the other day. I hadn't been in a few months; and most certainly not since I got my towers.
    My family really enjoyed this movie!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    My family really enjoyed this movie!!!
    Just to clarify - I loved the movie...but was underwhelmed by my local theater's sound. Dave, I think you just made me a home-body.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Not so quiet over here...

We just finished up some custom designed low-profile Horizon centers for a few customers... The results are great, while not quite as wide and as symmetrical horizontal dispersion compared to the Horizon, this version far exceeds an MTM center and at only 8.5" high, it is a very good compromise.

This speaker has the same awesome dynamics as the Horizon and when used vertically, offers the same wide dispersion as the Towers. This is a killer option for a stand mounted speaker. When positioned vertically, the height is 32.5" and the depth is 11.5". I feel it is a bit tall but we can make the cabinet deeper and then shrink the height.

This cabinet is even more complex than the Horizon. I have attached a top-down 2d mechanical drawing illustrating the slot porting and various cabinet chambers. This one was quite challenging...

Enjoy!!!
    Dave, is the midrange compartment different then the towers? It looks like is not sealed in this design. How much more height can be taken for a shorter monitor

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoJoa View Post
    Dave, is the midrange compartment different then the towers? It looks like is not sealed in this design. How much more height can be taken for a shorter monitor
    You can see from the top and side engineering drawings that the midrange section is sealed, and that the is a pathway behind it that connects the two woofer chambers.
    -curtis

You can see from the top and side (chamber detail) engineering drawings that the midrange section is sealed, and that the is a pathway behind it that connects the two woofer chambers.
    -curtis

You can see from the top and side (chamber detail) engineering drawings that the midrange section is sealed, and that the is a pathway behind (the three circles/holes) it that connects the two woofer chambers.

I wonder how this design would sound in a vertical orientation compared to the Sierra Tower and the Horizon (vertical).
    Last edited by curtis; 05-24-2012 at 11:46 PM.
    -curtis