View Full Version : New Sub. Looks promising

bikeman
05-06-2005, 08:01 AM
http://www.adireaudio.com/Home/Rava.htm

I may have to up my budget.

David

BradJudy
05-06-2005, 09:08 AM
That is nice. Dual parametric EQs is a handy touch. $800 seems like a reasonable pricepoint. The Hsu VTF-3 MkII at $700 would appear to have the edge on output and extension by a little bit, but the nicer cabinet and dual PEQs would be worth the extra $100 in my book (unless two EQ points isn't enough to tame your room and you would need an external EQ anyway).

jimsiff
05-06-2005, 11:13 AM
It would be interesting to compare the Rava II with a VTF3 Mk II. Sealed vs. ported... the battle continues! :D

Eddie Horton
05-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Not bad. I'm still satisfied with my VTF3-MkII for a while. After the summer when all the new models from HSU, Mark Seaton, and others come out, I may upgrade for the new house.

Jonnyozero3
05-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Could someone do me a favor and point me in the direction of some links that have some teaser info on what is coming out in the sub world this fall? If there is stuff worth waiting for, I may just leave my klipsch promedia sub ( :p ) hooked up as a stand-in until the new choices are here. I'd love to jump on something this summer...but...if the grass sounds greener....

bikeman
05-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Could someone do me a favor and point me in the direction of some links that have some teaser info on what is coming out in the sub world this fall? If there is stuff worth waiting for, I may just leave my klipsch promedia sub ( :p ) hooked up as a stand-in until the new choices are here. I'd love to jump on something this summer...but...if the grass sounds greener....

Most of the new stuff should be out this summer. The only reason to wait till fall is to get feedback. Don't worry about the links. When the new stuff finally arrives, you'll be inundated with info.

David

Jonnyozero3
05-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Good good good. I love info. I figured there'd be a ton of threads once the stuff was out, but I was curious if there were some good prelim ones yet. Oh well. So many forums...so little time :)

Thanks david.

Quinn
05-08-2005, 04:38 AM
Looks aimed at the Rocket UFW-12.

bikeman
05-08-2005, 05:20 AM
Looks aimed at the Rocket UFW-12.

It does and the odd part is it's going to go through a dealer network. I'm curious how they can reach that price point with a retail mark-up and still be well under the price of the UFW-12. Time will tell.

David

Quinn
05-08-2005, 11:19 AM
It does and the odd part is it's going to go through a dealer network. I'm curious how they can reach that price point with a retail mark-up and still be well under the price of the UFW-12. Time will tell.

David

Or it could be more tell tale of the mark up on other subs.

Think of the new 450's price. Do you really think 4 more drivers cost the $700 more that the 750 sells for? I'd be shocked if it costs more than $100 more to put the 4 extra drivers in a pair. Even marking that up 3-4 times doesn't get you to $700.

The digital amp in the Adire could be a major savings. The $29 Sonic Impact digital amp is the second best thing I've had my 340s on.

Lou-the-dog
05-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Or it could be more tell tale of the mark up on other subs.

Think of the new 450's price. Do you really think 4 more drivers cost the $700 more that the 750 sells for? I'd be shocked if it costs more than $100 more to put the 4 extra drivers in a pair. Even marking that up 3-4 times doesn't get you to $700.

I agree, to climb the performance ladder seems to get outrageously pricey at times. Gheez, sometimes to add 1 driver and a larger cabinet to accomodate the price can about double. Sometimes the pricing strategy IS the marketing tool.

Randy

Quinn
05-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Sometimes the pricing strategy IS the marketing tool.

Randy

I've heard enough of those speakers.

Lou-the-dog
05-08-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm hearin' ya.

qqkltb
05-09-2005, 08:00 AM
Take a look at Outlaws LFM-1, Very nice subwoofer at a great price. www.Outlawaudio.com

Quinn
05-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Take a look at Outlaws LFM-1, Very nice subwoofer at a great price. www.Outlawaudio.com

The LFM-1 is a variation of the Hsu VTF-3/STF-3.