PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Stands For CBM-170

curtis
10-10-2003, 04:15 PM
I don't think the stands Ascend sells use the inserts. I think the inserts are mainly used for wall/ceiling mounts.

-curtis

SomeDood
10-15-2003, 12:13 PM
What kind of stands do cbm 170 owners use? are high mass stands or low mass stands better?

Ben_Wood
10-16-2003, 11:10 AM
SD, I use the BB-75 stands (I believe they're made in the U.K. by Standesign) for my surround channel CBM-170s. High mass stands are more acoustically inert and thus color or alter the sound less. The BB-75s are sand-fillable to give them even more mass (which also makes them less likely to be tipped over). These are on the Ascend website.

BradJudy
10-16-2003, 11:14 AM
I have the Standdesign ones too (with weights on the bottom to make them less tippy), but now that I have a two-channel system with Aurum Cantus speakers/stands I'd like something that looks nicer like the AC stands for my Ascends.

MarkZ2k
10-17-2003, 08:41 AM
Anybody have any suggestions for where to get some decent quality stands in White? They'll be for surround speakers in the rear. (Probably CBM-170 or HTM-200) Ideally around 36" high. I know Crutchfield has some white adjustable ones, but you can't add sand, and they don't look really sturdy. Seems like white stands are hard to find. I looked at AC4L.com and partsexpress.com, any other good places to look?

Thanks

Ben_Wood
10-17-2003, 11:18 AM
What about painting a set of Standesigns? There are a thousand shades of white out there, if you paint your own you can color-match your other furnishings.

SomeDood
10-17-2003, 03:34 PM
SD, I use the BB-75 stands (I believe they're made in the U.K. by Standesign) for my surround channel CBM-170s. High mass stands are more acoustically inert and thus color or alter the sound less. The BB-75s are sand-fillable to give them even more mass (which also makes them less likely to be tipped over). These are on the Ascend website.

----------------------------------------------

How much do those stands weight without the sand? and have u tried to use batting inside to see how they sound. I tried to put my 170's on 15 12x12 patio stones (which weighted about 225lbs) and it made the speakers sound DULL , the bass was somewhat more noticable but it wasnt as deep. It made everything sound to cold and univolving, i actually prefer low mass compared to high mass for stands anyway. Anyone else?

frank
10-18-2003, 12:58 AM
try studiotech.com they make some really neat looking stands

MarkZ2k
10-19-2003, 04:59 AM
Thanks, Frank. The studiotech ones look good. And they're about 5-10 miles away from here.

SomeDood
10-19-2003, 11:39 AM
Thanks, Frank. The studiotech ones look good. And they're about 5-10 miles away from here.

----------------------------------------

Yeah same here, i also live pretty close to them. Might have to check out the ss stands, they look pretty decent.