PDA

View Full Version : Graduation

metalaaron
04-27-2005, 04:58 PM
There were many ups/downs and pauses along the way, but after 7yrs out of high school ... I have FINALLY graduated college!!! ( i just received verification of meeting all requirements, etc. ) :cool: :cool: :D

bikeman
04-27-2005, 05:29 PM
There were many ups/downs and pauses along the way, but after 7yrs out of high school ... I have FINALLY graduated college!!! ( i just received verification of meeting all requirements, etc. ) :cool: :cool: :D

Congrats, Aaron! I fondly remember sophomore as three of the best years of my life. :rolleyes:
I was more than a decade out of high school. You're on the fast track.

David

JohnnyCasaba
04-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Congrats Aaron!

jimsiff
04-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Nice work Aaron. Congrats!

Nicholas Mosher
04-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Congrats!

What did you get a degree in?

curtis
04-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Congrats Aaron!

metalaaron
04-28-2005, 05:38 AM
Congrats, Aaron! I fondly remember sophomore as three of the best years of my life. :rolleyes:
I was more than a decade out of high school. You're on the fast track.

David

LOL, yes. :o hehehe

degree - after changing my major an unforseen amount of times ... business management w/ math minor.

i need a vacation. :cool:

Thanks Guys :)

sensibull
04-28-2005, 05:50 AM
Hey, Congrats Aaron! Will you be gifting yourself any new AV toys to celebrate? ;-)

davef
04-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Hey Metal,

That is great news... Congrats and welcome to the "real" world :)

metalaaron
04-28-2005, 10:12 PM
sensibull,

thanks! probably no a/v items. i'm pretty stocked up there. curtis keeps trying to talk me into going pre/pro. ;) a vacation also sounds really REALLY nice. my screen saver at work switched to a beautiful picture of Bora Bora today. i fell into a daze, dreaming of the beach populated with plenty of single women - and then i was suddenly awaken by the phone, "did you finish that report?" - DOH!

dave,

thanks! i'm realizing that more and more each day, it seems. i bought my townhouse almost 2 years ago and my first major reality hit was when the A/C went out. that was terrible, but one of the quirks of ownership. our summers are probably quite mild compared to what you guys get out there though.

Eddie Horton
04-29-2005, 12:05 PM
I've got a friend that moved to Birmingham from Phoenix. He asked me how we could stand to live here in the summer. They've got the extreme temps out west, but we have the outrageously high humidity here. It's just two different kinds of evil to me.

curtis
04-29-2005, 12:17 PM
I have been in Washington D.C. during July with temps in the 90's, and I have been in Phoenix in July, with temps in the 100's. I'd take Phoenix. That humidity in D.C. was killer.

Ofcourse, I am a wimpy SoCal kid and other than when I was at college, I grew up never being more than 7 miles or so from the beach.

bikeman
04-29-2005, 12:33 PM
I have been in Washington D.C. during July with temps in the 90's, and I have been in Phoenix in July, with temps in the 100's. I'd take Phoenix. That humidity in D.C. was killer.

Ofcourse, I am a wimpy SoCal kid and other than when I was at college, I grew up never being more than 7 miles or so from the beach.

I lived in Tucson for two years and worked in D.C. for three. Give me five months of wind driven snow and sub freezing weather anytime. I'm not moving back to either of those places in this lifetime.

David

metalaaron
04-29-2005, 03:41 PM
ah, not much himidity out there? that's very nice. i've never been past arkansas. :( i used to live in memphis. wow, the humidity was bad in memphis. now, in chattanooga, the pollen is pretty bad. i have a red truck, but it had a nice green film on it the other day.

jimsiff
04-29-2005, 04:05 PM
I live in Portland, Oregon. The humidity is much lower than the midwest, east, and especially southeast. Inland central and southern California and the southwest as far east as west Texas have less humidity than Portland, but they have hotter temps.

It rains in the winter and spring, but the temperatures rarely drop below freezing. The summers are generally pretty nice with mid 70's to low 90's and low humidity from mid June through the end of September.

There's tradeoffs everywhere. I can't stand high humidity or ultra-hot (100+) temperatures. Like Bikeman, I'd rather live with long cold winters than searing heat and/or suffocating humidity. Since I'd rather deal with mild temperatures and rain 50-60% of the time during the winter, I'm perfectly happy where I'm at. :D

metalaaron
04-29-2005, 05:44 PM
this is pretty cool

http://www.findyourspot.com/

Nicholas Mosher
04-29-2005, 06:12 PM
It recommended Eugene, Oregon. In fact, 50% of the top picks it gave me were in Oregon, and 75% were in the Pacific Northwest.

Oddly enough, after traveling around the country the Pacific Northwest is the only place I said I would leave New England for.

bikeman
04-30-2005, 06:25 AM
this is pretty cool
http://www.findyourspot.com/

It came up with the same thing I've come up with. I don't know how two spots in Louisiana got in there but the rest was right on. Thanks for the diversion.

David