PDA

View Full Version : Sale?

airs
04-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Any sales coming up soon? David or anyone from Ascend care to comment? I am itching to pick up rears, a center and a sub...

curtis
04-25-2005, 11:58 AM
For as long as I have had my Ascends, I have never seen a sale. I think there was an introductory price for the CMT-340m at one point.

I do know the CBM-170 used to be $368/pr, and the price was lowered to $328/pr. With the American dollar not doing so well, I wouldn't be surprised if prices went up.

airs
04-25-2005, 12:31 PM
doh! :(

Lou-the-dog
04-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Comparing to some other internet direct outfits I think Ascend products are easily priced as low as they can get. Take a look at some DIY kits at Parts Express. They are not any less expensive and you have to assemble them yourselves and I'd bet the farm (and yes I own a farm) that they will not perform as well as the Ascends. I mean, yeah, I'm all for a sale but I don't really think it's going to happen. Other internet directs outfits seem to price pretty high and then offer barn-burner sales. Ascend prices at an everyday low price. I like it this way because you don't have to guess what the speaker is REALLY worth...or be pissed off because you bought your set 2 months ago and now they are offered on a fire sale. That said I think DaveF has offered accessories (like the 340 stands) as package deals where you might be able to save a few bucks.

Randy

Kpt_Krunch
04-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Actually, the lack of a sale is one of the many check marks I have beside Ascend as a positive for me. I wouldn't feel too good if 6 months after I bought my Speakers a $200 off sale was being offered, like some other internet companies do. And besides, I doubt if David could sell his speakers any cheaper as it is - I really believe they are the best value out there in Speakers. You best bet is to call and ask for B-stock.

airs
04-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Yeah I hear ya. Must...save...for...Ascends! Say no to $4 mochas!