PDA

View Full Version : House of Flying Daggers

curtis
04-24-2005, 10:56 PM
If you like movies like "Hero" or "Crouching Dragon, Hidden Tiger", this is another movie of that type. I enjoyed it, another 7/10.

This concludes my movie weekend.

With all the music and movies I played this weekend....the speakers got a workout!

Lou-the-dog
04-25-2005, 05:36 AM
With all the music and movies I played this weekend....the speakers got a workout!

It looks like they sure did! We're going to start calling you "Siskel and Curtis"! A "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" rating would be cool!

Randy

Cliff_L
05-02-2005, 02:44 PM
While the movie had *spectacular* cinematography, and superb action sequences, I thought the plot was merely so-so. Truth be told, I was *really really really* disappointed by the ending, not-so-much as what occurred, but because I was expecting a huge battle between the House of Flying Daggers & the governmental soldiers hunting them. After all, that's what the whole movie was about, right? All the mystery & intrigue was supposedly a means to an end - to find this mysterious, elusive group. Bah.

Dave Nelms
05-03-2005, 05:56 PM
I found this to be a good Saturday afternoon, while the wife and kids were away, flick.

Plot was not the greatest but it was beautiful to look at and the surround sound was pretty good. I especially enjoyed the shadow game scene. Lots of good bass without becoming too boomy.

BradJudy
05-03-2005, 06:00 PM
I felt that HoFD was a step below Hero and CTHD, although I bet the bean/drum scene is an awesome home theater audio demo.

curtis
05-12-2005, 09:08 PM
I was at my Parents' this evening and I gave them this movie to watch.

I wanted to demo the bean/drum scene to my Dad. So, I fired it up and called my Dad to the livingroom...had him sit down, and cranked it up. The house was rocking, and my Dad was laughing, saying "Wow!" several times. My kids came into the room, and we enjoyed the scene.

Then my Mom walks in, and discusses a bit about the actress and then says "wow....can you guys turn it down a little?", and then my Dad says "we're just testing it." I had to laugh.

Then later, my Dad asks, "how loud can it get?"

What a crack up!

Nicholas Mosher
05-19-2005, 01:24 PM
I give it http://mysite.verizon.net/nicholasmosher/star35.gif out of http://mysite.verizon.net/nicholasmosher/star5.gif.

curtis
05-19-2005, 02:04 PM
The bean/drum dance must of sounded incredible on your setup!

Nicholas Mosher
05-19-2005, 04:54 PM
:D...

The scene in the bamboo forest was also excellent..

bamputin
05-31-2005, 11:13 AM
yeah the director behind those films does some good work. his name eludes me. something like zhang yeng?

i work in the biz and hero is possibly my favourite dvd to demo. chapter 8, a few minutes in, there's a fight between jet li and some other guy on water . truly a breathtaking scene! (and it helps me sell plasmas!)