PDA

View Full Version : Where to wall mount 170s ?

BGHD
04-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Any suggestions on where to wall mount a pair of 170 fronts in relation to a wall-mounted plasma? I'm hoping to keep it high enough to be safe from the kids, but am worried it may not look right. Suggestions?

Lee Bailey
04-25-2005, 06:55 AM
It's good to see that you are more worried about your speakers than your plasma set! :D

You really want to try to keep them with the tweeters at ear level. If that is not possible, then use wall mounts that will let you swivel the speaker down into your listening position. I could envision 3 170's at the same level above the TV, all aiming down into your listening position. How much distance between your screen and your seating position? (you'll want some seperation between the L/R speakers

BGHD
05-21-2005, 08:56 PM
It's good to see that you are more worried about your speakers than your plasma set! :D Yeah sounds funny, but was planning to have a cabinet underneath to set a screen on the kiddies. But, I've since x-changed the 170s for 340s, so problem solved I guess. Now, just gotta make sure the stands are filled to prevent tipping. As always, thanks for the feedback.