PDA

View Full Version : any "Deadwood" fans?

curtis
04-23-2005, 08:40 PM
There is a series on HBO called "Deadwood". A great show based on actual life in the town of Deadwood in the mid 1870's.

Anyways, the first season is now available on DVD. The last disc has interviews with the creator/producer and actors in the show. Topics include the making of the show, the real Deadwood, the language, and the show concept.

I caught wind of it in another forum. It was very enjoyable, and if you are a fan of the show, I recommend it.

DavidD
04-24-2005, 12:42 AM
I haven't seen it but I hear the language is........colorful.

curtis
04-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Yes...the language is rather "colorful", but the disc explains the language of the area and period....very interesting.

JohnnyCasaba
04-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Love the show, have not missed a single episode. Ian McShane was great in the first season. This is not for everyone, but for those that don't have HBO, highly recommended since the first season is out on DVD.

jeh
04-27-2005, 08:53 PM
i'm glad it's on dvd, but i'm watching the second season now, so maybe i'll pick it up after the show is cancelled and can't watch it anymore.

gwsat
04-30-2005, 03:03 PM
i'm glad it's on dvd, but i'm watching the second season now, so maybe i'll pick it up after the show is cancelled and can't watch it anymore.

I LOVE "Deadwood," as do a lot of other folks. I bought the DVD set of Season 1 a couple of weeks ago and have already watched the whole thing. There is a very interesting thread about "Deadwood on the HDTV Programming Forum at AVS Forum. Check it out.

shane55
04-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Deadwood is currently my favorite show. My otherwise favorite show... The Wire. I was relieved to hear that that it had been renewed. Whew!

Deadwood is one of the most enjoyable and involving shows I've ever seen. I'm glad to see that others appreciate it as well.

You really should give The Wire a chance too. Starts slow, but gets you hooked. :)

Cheers.

shane

gwsat
04-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Here is a link to the "Deadwood" thread at AVS Forum (which I forgot to post earlier):

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=488478&highlight=deadwood

If you like "Deadwood" I think that you will enjoy this thread.

Dave Nelms
05-03-2005, 06:01 PM
I tried to watch a version with all the profanity removed and the entire season took only 10 min. (ha ha ha)

I missed it on HBO as it is on when my kids are awake. I think I am going to see about renting a few of the discs and see how it looks.