PDA

View Full Version : Endorses Hsu VTF-3

Lou-the-dog
04-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Found this on AVSForum. Kind of a cool endorsement of the Hsu VTF-3.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Want another endorsement for the VTF-3?

We have been quite busy installing theaters this spring. Since having a theater is becoming more mainstream, we get a lot of requests for "budget" systems. We were working on a high-end install which included a subwoofer from a company that references a weather event in the subs name (hint). Anyway, this gentlemans neighbor became interested in the project and asked if we could install a budget system in his basement. Having always been curious about the HSU subs, we installed one in this budget theater. Well, his neighbor with the high-end setup called us last week and wanted to know if he could swap his subwoofer for the one we installed next door!

I expected good things from HSU based on the reviews in this forum, but to outperform a sub that literally costs 5x as much absolutely floors me.

Guess what we are recommending for high-end theaters now!"

Ben
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had my VTF3/2 for a year now and am still truly impressed...musical AND hard hitter. It sounds like Hsu will release a "turbocharger" someday. I am under the impression that this will be an add-on unit and previous units can be retrofitted...no?

Randy

bikeman
04-21-2005, 08:55 PM
I am under the impression that this will be an add-on unit and previous units can be retrofitted...no?
Randy

That's my understanding. No announced dates on the turbo/retro so I wouldn't expect it in the very near future. Maybe late summer/fall?

David

Quinn
04-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Last I heard summer is the target.

Lee Bailey
04-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Last I heard summer is the target.

You do mean summer of this year? :cool: