PDA

View Full Version : SA-CD Petition

s2pdname
03-24-2005, 09:08 PM
For those of you interested, there is a "Save SA-CD" petition available through the forum at www.sa-cd.net. You don't have to be registered, just follow the links. I have been following these forums for about a year and am in the process of building my system (soon to order Ascends). Anyway, I believe the folks at sa-cd.net are truly passionate about hi-rez music and this is legit. I wholeheartedly support this and am grateful to anyone else interested in the pursuit of accurate music reproduction.

hhcan
04-20-2005, 12:56 PM
The format war has to end to simplify consumer's life and money. I have nothing against SACD but should we just stick with one format? I don't mind if they eliminate DVD-A or SACD. As long as one format lives, the consumers would be happy. So if SACD is scheduled to go away, be it.

Eddie Horton
04-20-2005, 03:22 PM
I hope the HD-DVD and Blu Ray folks look back on history as they are digging in their collective heels. All they would have to do is read up a bit on Beta vs. VHS and SACD vs. DVD-A to see that in the end, everyone loses in a format war.

bikeman
04-20-2005, 04:03 PM
I hope the HD-DVD and Blu Ray folks look back on history as they are digging in their collective heels. All they would have to do is read up a bit on Beta vs. VHS and SACD vs. DVD-A to see that in the end, everyone loses in a format war.

With the amount of money that both sides have sunk into these technologies, a war is the only option. No one can afford to throw in the towel. The tax laws will allow the loser to pass on the "agony of defeat" to the taxpayer. Let the war begin.

David