PDA

View Full Version : My impression on CMT340 as a casual listener.

smokey
09-30-2003, 06:09 PM
Pin,

Interesting reading and I appreciate you sharing your impressions. What did you end up with instead? Or are you still shopping?

-Smokey.

Thanks, the Management.

michaeld
09-30-2003, 06:11 PM
Interesting...I would not call this a "negative review" but it's the first "non positive" review I've read on Ascend speakers.

I am under the impression that the 340 L/R is the successor to the CBM-170s...logically, they should be better.

I'm mulling over getting a set of 340s for my L/R mains for my HT/music setup...and getting the 340C for the center.

Would someone like to chime in here? For the new guy? (Me. [:I])

curtis
10-01-2003, 12:18 AM
Thanks Pin!

The 340's are not the "successor" to the 170 in terms of a replacement. It is the next model up.

I think it is a very positive review....I think Pin wishes he had a bigger bedroom! [:)]

Pin and I actually went out to hear other speakers together afterwards. Hopefully he will chime in and tell you what he ended up with instead....although he doesn't have them yet. When he does, he will come over and we will compare them with the 170's and 340's.

-curtis

Pin
10-01-2003, 01:21 AM
Curtis is right. If I had a bigger bedroom, I would definitely have got the 340s for my 2nd setup. Since my bedroom is only 11'x11' and the speaker set will have to be placed close to the wall, I have decided to go for the Monitor Audio Bronze B2. The B2 is a 2-way speaker with a frontal port, which makes for easy placement in smallrooms. I'll post my thought on the B2s once I have them here (in about a week).

Pin