PDA

View Full Version : receiver synergy?

demunb
03-09-2005, 07:51 AM
a new receiver will probably be in my near future. mainly upgrading for component switching. currently I run an Integra and it's been a fine receiver, but when upgrading all the usual suspects will be applying for the job. Denon, Marantz, Rotel, Arcam, HK, Onkyo, etc.

My question is- Does Ascend carry HK because Dave thinks this is the best match for his speakers, or is it just a marriage of convenience? anybody have the inside scoop?

bikeman
03-09-2005, 08:45 AM
My question is- Does Ascend carry HK because Dave thinks this is the best match for his speakers, or is it just a marriage of convenience? anybody have the inside scoop?

Yes. Dave F. has the inside scoop. One thing I'm pretty sure of. Dave F. dosen't do much of anything out of "a marriage of convience." Even his use of styrofoam for shipping our speakers is well thought out. The devil is in the details and Dave has some kink of arrangement with the Devil. http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

David

bri1270
03-09-2005, 10:23 AM
I bought a Pioneer Elite VSX-54TX, and I have to say that I am pretty impressed with it. It does a very nice job with processing, and it has plenty of power. The video switching actually impressed me also. I wasn't expecting much from that option, but I played an old Sesame Street video for my daughter, and the picture was pretty good. My only complaint would be the number of component Video inputs, aside from that, it blows my old Denon AVR-3300 away.

BradJudy
03-09-2005, 06:31 PM
I think you'll find that many folks here run H/K not just because Ascend sells them (I actually bought mine elsewhere), but because they make a receiver with good sound quality that is not overrated in power output. Mine is a few generations back (AVR-520), but I still really like it. You can get a good deal on the x30 (430/630/etc) series as they are putting out the new x35 series right now.