PDA

View Full Version : HTM-200 set-up questions

Mr_Lycos
03-06-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm considering getting a pair of HTM-200's for use as the surrounds in my 5.1 system. I have two questions:

1. When used as surrounds, are the speakers situated vertically or horizontally? A post on Audioholics recommended horizontally, but I haven't read anything else on the issue.

2. What hight above the listener are HTM-200's usually mounted to the wall?

curtis
03-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Surrounds for movies generally should be 3-4 feet above the listeners' ears.

As for mounting them horizontal, I know folks have done that for space purposes, but think the best orientation is still vertical. Give the folks at Ascend a call to discuss.

demunb
03-07-2005, 05:09 PM
I've got my 200's mounted horizontally with the tweeter on the down side. Dave mentioned that the dispersion of the 200s is good enough that they can be mounted horizontally. I think vertically is probably still preferred, but I like them just fine horizontally- I have mine about 3 foot above the ears and just a bit behind my ears.

FibreKid
05-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Excellent! Just the info I was looking for. Now anyone have some ideas for mounting some HTM-200 horizontally from the ceiling? I'm not sure if I want either of the BT5 or the omni mounts brackets, they seem to be geared for a vertical mount. I'm open to ideas and attitude adjustments :)

Thanks much
-john