PDA

View Full Version : Ascend "demo"

ChrisE
03-05-2005, 05:09 PM
My first post.....great forum and alot of information.

I do not currently have an HT system, but am looking to buy one soon. The Ascends have me intrigued, but I would like to listen to them to get a better feel.

I don't know how forward this is, but is it uncommon for owners to demo their system for others on this forum? I am in Houston, and if I could get a listen to these first hand it would be appreciated.

Thanks again for your time,
Chris

bikeman
03-05-2005, 05:39 PM
"I don't know how forward this is, but is it uncommon for owners to demo their system for others on this forum?"

Many of us are so proud of our speakers that we welcome the opportunity to audition them for others. I know we have folks in the Houston area. Be prepared to be impressed.

David

curtis
03-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Quinn is in Houston and has a pair of every Ascend model for various duties.....I am sure he will see your post and respond.

Quinn
03-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Drop me a PM. I'm on the westside of Pearland. 288 at 518. The next two weeks are fairly busy for me.

curtis
03-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Many of us are so proud of our speakers that we welcome the opportunity to audition them for others.

I want to add that one of the things I enjoy most about having people over to listen is listening to the music they enjoy. I have learned of a lot of great music because of it.

I even got a flat of Fuji apples once....now that was great!

ChrisE
03-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Thanks to all!

Bikeman.........I read on another post that you used to race and now just ride for fun. I made it all the way to cat 2 in 1994. It is truly a sport where those who have done it become passionate.........I am watching live updates on cyclingnews for Paris-Nice right now as I type this!

Curtis............I'm open to all music except country. I can read the paper if I want to be depressed. My wife thinks I am weird........one minute I am listening to Barry Manilow, the next minute Disturbed.

Quinn............I will drop you an email soon. I live near Baytown, and usually work downtown. For the next 6 weeks, I will be out on FM 2004 at Chocolate Bayou trying to finish a project we had in the BP plant down there. Getting to where you live from there would be no big deal; maybe I can just come by one day after work. Thanks again for giving me the opportunity.

Chris

Quinn
03-06-2005, 07:57 AM
A Thursday night would be good then as my wife can take the girls to ballet.

ChrisE
03-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Quinn, you've got mail......