PDA

View Full Version : Roger Waters "In the Flesh" SACD

Kpt_Krunch
02-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Just purchased this SACD on the weekend, posted this ? on the AVS forum and thought I'd try here as well.

First of all - this SACD sounds great with the Ascends (as does everything) and I like how this is recorded (more of an audience mix).

However, there is an anamoly - on track 2 of disc one "The happiest days of our lives", there are two pauses - one for about a 1/2 second at the 58 second mark and one that is about 4 seconds at the 1:00 mark. It is not a skip, there is no noise or anything, it just pauses then starts up again from where it left off. I have a Sammy 841 player - may not be the best for video but plays all 30 or so of my DVD-A's and SACD's 100% - except this one.

I'm going to take it back for an exchange - but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this (a flaw with the recording perhaps?).

Kpt_Krunch
02-20-2005, 01:05 PM
Well - in case anyone is interested, it is a flaw with the SACD. I returned my first one and bought a second one and it has the same problem. I'm going to take it over to a friends place to see if it does it on his system as well (he has a different Uni-player), and I'll also try it in my truck if it will play (I think it will).