PDA

View Full Version : Xrcd

Lou-the-dog
02-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Does anyone have any (or heard any) of the JVC XRCD? Just recieved the complete list of XRCD's available. Am wondering if they're really worth the 30 potatoes that they are asking for them.

Randy

curtis
02-09-2005, 07:35 PM
I have one...Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms".....but I do not have the non-XRCD version so I can not compare.

bikeman
02-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Curtis,
Send your copy to me and I'll post a comparison. It might take awhile. :D

David

curtis
02-09-2005, 08:06 PM
you know.....I wonder if a copy of an XRCD disc will lose its high quality properties.

And since it is not manufactured in the USA, I wonder how the copyright laws work.

Lou-the-dog
02-09-2005, 09:58 PM
you know.....I wonder if a copy of an XRCD disc will lose its high quality properties.

And since it is not manufactured in the USA, I wonder how the copyright laws work.

In her English accent Super Nanny would say, "YOU HAVE BEEN VERY, VERY NAUGHTY!"

Randy

Dave Nelms
02-10-2005, 09:26 AM
I heard a comparison with the XRCDs at the Stereophile show several years ago when they were here at LA. In the comparisons they were performing, I could tell adifference but at the time my equipment would not have been able to take advantage of it.

In other words it was not drastic, but subtle.

curtis
02-10-2005, 10:59 AM
In her English accent Super Nanny would say, "YOU HAVE BEEN VERY, VERY NAUGHTY!"

Randy

Are you admitting that you watch the show? :D

Lou-the-dog
02-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Are you admitting that you watch the show? :D

HeHe. Busted! I've got five kids ranging from 2-16yrs. Always looking for a parenting tip! When the kids were getting out of line we used to say, "Santas watching!" Now it's, "Here comes Super Nanny!"