PDA

View Full Version : JVC HD 52Z575 2 Big Thumbs UP!

davef
02-08-2005, 06:37 PM
For those of you looking at new hi-def TVs.... I strongly recommend giving this TV a good look :D

I have had this model for a few months now and I could not be happier (and as many of you know, it takes a LOT to impress me)

I had a few minor problems with the TV right out of the box, but JVC support was outstanding and they sent a senior level tech to fix the minor problems, all of which were associated with handling/shipping. The result has far exceeded my expectations for the TV and it was very refreshing to see a company as large as JVC stand behind their exceptional product and offer support that went way beyond typical standards... even I was surprised at this level of support ;)

I am happy to give this TV a well deserved recommendation...

BradJudy
02-08-2005, 07:53 PM
David,

I'm definitely considering it (there are some great prices on it out there). It looks like they pulled their version with a tuner and cablecard in favor of rolling those additions into a new model for the summer. (Or so it seems from conversations on AVS)

BradJudy
02-15-2005, 11:49 AM
I read an interesting piece on AVS about placing a .2 or .3 ND filter in front of the bulb to get more pure blacks from the image.

David, what do you think of the black level on the JVC?

davef
02-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi Brad,

I think the black levels are quite good, especially after proper calibration (with a little help from Avia)...

Just last night I turned off the 4:3 420p overide on my Motorola/Comcast HD box and now even SD broadcasts (digital channels) look great.

Great TV!

BradJudy
02-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Cool. It keep sounding like a good choice.

Any comments on the fan noise (particularly when using just the TV speakers)?