PDA

View Full Version : Funny stuff

Mag_Neato
02-07-2005, 08:27 AM
I thought I'd share!

The other day while working at Home Depot, I came back from lunch and heard a funny story.

I work in the Millwork Dept.(Windows & doors). A customer had ordered a very nice set of double doors(interior french) with some nice decorative glass. My fellow associate told me the guy said it was for his home theater.
Well, he thought the guy was going to install the doors as the front doors on his entertainment center, opening them when he wanted to watch movies. My associate thought that was a neat idea!

Well, the customer explained to him that it was NOT for an entertainment center, but rather as the entrance to his dedicated 20'x 20' HOME THEATER!!!

D'oh!!

I got a good laugh outta that one!

bamputin
02-07-2005, 08:41 AM
hang on, let me get this straight:

you have a friend who works in millwork department, who tries to sell french interior doors for the fronts to entertainment centres, whereas really the hidden purpose that the buyers are using them for is as the doors to rooms in houses?

Sincerely,
Pope Bam

Mag_Neato
02-07-2005, 09:03 AM
He is a co-worker at Home Depot(I work there part time on evenings and weekends) in the Millwork dept.

He thought the customer wanted them as "cabinet" doors for his entertainment center, when in actuallity the customer is building a 20'x 20' dedicated theater room and needs the door for the entrance to it!

muhsanjee
01-07-2015, 09:33 PM
I would have with either of those options is the lack of long-term control you will have over the box. Both of these guys are going to include DRM, and likely are going to kow-tow to what the broadcasters want to do, like use the broadcast flag to prevent you from recording HDTV like you want. It all seems pretty annoying.....