PDA

View Full Version : Jvc Rx-f10

Quinn
02-04-2005, 04:34 AM
I copied this over from where I originally posted it on another forum with a few edits.

I really like the JVC RX-F10 with my 340s in a two channel rig.

Quick run down;

Using the direct mode with analog input is the best sound out of the JVC. This bypasses all the JVC's sound processing.

Best tweak I've done is a power conditioner. I picked up a OneAC off ebay for $15 including shipping. Apparently, digitals are more sensitive to bad power(although I haven't tried it on my Marantz to see what it does there.). I figured at $15 it was like gambling on buying a CD.

I've never listened to surround on the JVC.

The digital input while clean as can be with zero background noise I found to be sterile to my ears.

I do like the JVC better for music than my Marantz 7200 that is in my HT. The Marantz is a tad warmer and can play a bit louder. But I feel that in addition to playing cleaner, attack and decay and separation is better on the JVC in addition to eliminating background noise.

The JVC is known for it's amp. The Pannys are known for their processing in digital. Most people raving about the JVC are using it for 2 channel and for amplification with the processing is done by their CD players or stand alone DACs.

Best forum I've found on JVC digitals is here (http://audiocircle.com/circles/viewforum.php?f=43&sid=71aa9e916c8e150c3f5a20b9ee6a03fb).

bikeman
02-04-2005, 05:44 AM
Thanks, Quinn. I belong to AudioCircle but I only visit occasionally.
I'm considering the new JVC's for my home theatre which also is used for two channel when my wife and I find the time to listen together. The new JVC's look like a good compromise.

David

jermy4
02-09-2005, 10:10 AM
If you like it so much then why are you selling it?

Quinn
02-09-2005, 10:36 AM
I sold it beacause it runs hot. If I had an open rack I'd be fine with it. But, I have to keep the doors shut to my entertainment center to keep my 16 month old from twisting all the knobs on everything. It isn't worth the worry it causes me about mainly her messing something up or something catching fire. Getting up every 5 minutes to check on it because I'm a worrier was taking away the enjoyment.

bikeman
02-09-2005, 10:53 AM
There is nothing entertaining about home entertainment centers. They are furniture and furniture is usually the wife's domain. I could have a wonderful HT if it wasn't for THAT piece of furniture.
What got me to audition Ascend's was my need to get speakers that could image in spite of the entertainment center. Not an easy task but the Ascend 340's are up to it.
Quinn's solution is simple. A six foot tall rack with his stuff up high and dials not connected to anything down low. No charge for making your life easier, Quinn. :D

David

Quinn
02-09-2005, 11:12 AM
I'd tell my wife that her lowboy entertainment center has to go except it allowed me to have the speakers in the room with nothing between them in a good spot. With your solution they would end up off to the side of the room in the entertainment alcove.

curtis
02-09-2005, 11:48 AM
All my stuff is down low. I am SO happy/lucky my kids are not interested in playing with the knobs/switches. My 7 yr. old son just wanted to learn how to make the system do what he wants to do....turn on the TV and audio, get the show he wants, and set the volume......he is a whiz. My 5 yr. old daughter just wants to know how to use the remote to get her show on.

http://www.thechangs.us/clean.JPG

bikeman
02-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Curtis, you have what I'd like. The wife does not want the TV visible when not in use so we have an enclosed unit that takes up way too much usable space. It also prevents me from corner locating the sub. But we do what she says. She told me it's in the contract. :(

David

Mag_Neato
02-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Nice TV Curtis! What make/model is that? I have a lowboy(Ikea), and could fit a smaller DLP/LCD-type set on it some day.

Also, I have the same DVD player. Because it is so lightweight, I often find it pushed back at an angle from kids/wife pushing too hard on the panel buttons. I try to get them to use the remote, but to no avail. Do you experience the same thing, or do your kids know to only use the remote?

curtis
02-09-2005, 01:13 PM
I had the lowboy custom made locally specifically for having a TV on it.

The TV is an Epson Livingstation 47". I got really lucky. One of my best friends works at Epson. I had asked him a couple of months ago if he could get a deal on their new TV's....this was for my Parents, but at the time he could not. Then two weeks ago he calls about this incredible friends and family deal that was made available. Essentially last year's model at less then 50% of street prices. I could not pass up the deal, so I got the 47" and my Parents got the 57".

The picture looks great(although not as nice as the JVC units like DaveF got), and it came with a full two-year onsite warranty. It also has a dye-sub printer and can print pictures off of various types of memory cards....and has a CD burner as well.

Yes...that 563a is a lightweight, but the kids don't really try to use it.

bamputin
02-09-2005, 11:24 PM
is that a pioneer dvd player i spy?

Mag_Neato
02-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Yes.....that's the Pioneer 563a. I have the same player. It was replaced by the 578a, and I think they have another model replacing that soon.

I have not had any problems with mine, though some owners had issues with playback of some SACD/DVD-A titles.

curtis
02-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Yep....Mag is right...Pioneer 563a. I read somewhere that the new model that is due out is the 588.

Since I have the nice new HDTV, I am probably going to save up and get a new universal that has better video processing than the 563a.

Mag_Neato
02-10-2005, 11:38 AM
"Since I have the nice new HDTV, I am probably going to save up and get a new universal that has better video processing than the 563a."

Oh sure........don't wait for ME......juhhhsst keep upgrading!