PDA

View Full Version : Contest!!!

davef
02-01-2005, 08:13 PM
I need some advice so I thought I would have a quick contest. Winner gets an Ascend embroidered baseball cap. Please read this thread: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=694

Thanks!

eRob
02-01-2005, 09:04 PM
I need some advice so I thought I would have a quick contest. Winner gets an Ascend embroidered baseball cap. Please read this thread: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=694

Thanks!

I like your idea and think it would work good.

You could however get rid of the Home link and have the top image be clickable to where it takes you back to the main page. I've seen many websites do this. You could even modify the image to where it says "Click to go back to main page" (or something like that) somewhere on it.

Another idea would be to just do away with the Latest News header. I don't see why you need it if everything on there is on the main page.

Just a few more ideas to give you. I could think of many more.

eRob
02-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Got one more idea for you. Do away with the Loudspeakers link at the top. Place the Loudspeakers under the Featured Products link right before the Subwoofers. Make the Loudspeakers part take you to this link http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/spkrlist.html

You could even change the Featured Products to just Products if you wanted.

Ok, I'll stop now.

Edit: One more and I'm done.

Maybe make the text size just a little smaller to where you could fit a Forum or Community link in without having to get rid of any top links. For example take a look at the very top of this website http://www.teamxbox.com. You may not even have to go that small. You would have to play around with it and see.

Budman
02-01-2005, 09:40 PM
This one is free Dave. I already have an Ascend hat:)

First, I'd like to see the Ascend Logo in the top left link back to the Ascend main page. It's very common...in fact many months ago when first checking out the "new and updated" webpage that was one item I found that may have been passed over.

Second, I'd combine all your products into one drop down menu as eRob suggested. Just let the links take you to the 'category page" for loudspeakers, sub, electronics or accessories. Then there would be room for the forum link.

metalaaron
02-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Home - same
About Us - same
Loudspeakers - add Professional Reviews at bottom of pull down
Featured Products - same
Latest News - same
Purchase - same
Support - same
Community - Forum, Customer Testimonials, and Submit Your Testimonial
View Cart - same

I believe the Professional Reviews link should fall under the Loudspeakers pull down. Users who click on the Community pull down are usually prompted by an interest of interaction. They're digging deeper, perhaps tech savvy, and have a desire to share their thoughts, etc. As another user stated - he usually digs around for a forum link on a lot of the sites he visits. The Submit Testimonial link may receive more traffic there, and the Customer Testimonials link should satisfy a browser's interests in other customer's thoughts about Ascend's products within the community of those who enjoy good sound.

eRob
02-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Second, I'd combine all your products into one drop down menu as eRob suggested. Just let the links take you to the 'category page" for loudspeakers, sub, electronics or accessories. Then there would be room for the forum link.

You know I just got done saying that, right? :confused:

BradJudy
02-02-2005, 05:52 AM
Another idea is to combine Latest News and Reviews into News and Reviews. Afterall, new reviews are generally news items anyway. I do like the idea of making is a community link where the Submit a Testimonial link also lives.

Lou-the-dog
02-02-2005, 05:56 AM
I'll second what Metalaaron said. Makes sense. Do I get Metal's hat??

Randy

Cliff_L
02-02-2005, 08:01 AM
You know I just got done saying that, right? :confused:
And I said it too in the other thread just a few minutes after you did! LOL. Lots of competition for this hat, methinks!

Quinn
02-02-2005, 08:27 AM
I like Brad's idea of combining Latest News and Reviews as one. I thought about combining Products and speakers but like splitting out your own products from those you are a dealer for. I agree with all those that say that clicking on the logo should take you to the home page.

davef
02-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Hi Guys,

This is all great stuff here and we will probably use bits and pieces from all your suggestions... (hats for everyone? ;)

A few key points

1. We want to keep "loudspeakers" separate from "featured products" as a way to differentiate products which we manufacture.

2. I fully agree that our logo on the main page MUST link to the home page. Even I still tend to try and do this, to no avail..

3. I feel it is important to have our "reviews" section clearly identified on the menu bar... we want people to find them and read them :p

How do you all feel about this:

1. Shorten "featured products" to just "products"

2. Remove the menubar item "Latest News" and place it under a new "community" item

3. Add the "community" link which will feature, the forum, latest news, specials, announcements, and customer testimonials?

What do y'all think?

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!

Kpt_Krunch
02-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Hi Guys,

How do you all feel about this:

1. Shorten "featured products" to just "products"

2. Remove the menubar item "Latest News" and place it under a new "community" item

3. Add the "community" link which will feature, the forum, latest news, specials, announcements, and customer testimonials?

What do y'all think?

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!

David - I like this. Latest News fits in with community to be sure - and I agree with you keeping "Loudspeakers" and "Products" separate. I also feel that the 'View Cart' option is very important to your business when dealing with people ordering online. I use it all the time on web sites when ordering, and I want to see it no matter what page I am on so I'm glad your keeping it on for future orders!!!

As for the 'hat', well, I can't speak for everyone, but the fact you are offering new Ascend logo's to ALL customers for just the price of postage should be good enough (it is for me). It's very generous since you've sold a lot of speakers and I'm sure these logo's are not free for you! I'll just have to order my own Ascend hat :D

Lou-the-dog
02-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Actually, couldn't "latest news", "specials" and "announcements" be items contained in an administrative section in the forum?

Randy

BradJudy
02-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Actually, couldn't "latest news", "specials" and "announcements" be items contained in an administrative section in the forum?

Most customers visiting the site will never look at the forum, nor do you want to force them to in order to view news of specials. IMHO :)

metalaaron
02-04-2005, 07:28 PM
^ I agree with Brad.

...after shortening featured products to Products...

simply add Community>Forum menu (in-between support and view cart). it should fit.

Cliff_L
02-04-2005, 08:39 PM
I like the new ideas for the menu bar, but IMO, "specials" doesn't really belong under Community. The rest of the stuff (news, announcements, customer testimonials, & the forum) makes sense under Community, but "specials" doesn't quite fit. How about putting "Current Specials" under the Purchase section? That's my only suggestion.

Lou-the-dog
02-05-2005, 06:38 AM
Most customers visiting the site will never look at the forum, nor do you want to force them to in order to view news of specials. IMHO :)

Probably true. Myself tho, would rarely search thru the menu bar to see what the latest special, announcement etc is. As a very frequent visitor to the forum I will link directly to there. Unless this info is conveyed in the forum more than likely I won't see it. Sure, it would be only a click away at the top of the page but I would rarely go there unless Dave F gave us a heads up in the forum. For example it appears AV123 reaps a huge amount of sales from repeat customers. The easiest way to communicate to these folks is to post on the forum. I mean, jeez, MLS posts a special and you can watch the sales volume grow right in front of your eyes. In fact, it appears that alot of the specials are available only on the forum and not evident on the website. I really think that the intention at AV123 IS to force folks into the forum. When they see the regulars jumping on the latest intro/special, the fun they're having and the comraderie then the sale becomes easy. Probably needs to be posted both at the home page and on the forum. Maybe DaveF had this in mind anyway.

Randy