PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Prognostications

jamesg
01-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Alright all you so-called experts....let's hear it: Patriots or Eagles? Will the Patriots cover the spread, will the Eagles beat it? Get your licks in while you can!

Ben_Wood
01-31-2005, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't bet against Brady and the Pats. Looks like a banner sports year for the Boston area.

smokey
01-31-2005, 05:52 PM
I expect a Patriots blowout. With two weeks to prepare? Belicheck is going crush them. Which is unfortunate, as I'm neutral and am only looking for a good game.

-Smokey.

curtis
01-31-2005, 05:57 PM
I am going to a friend's to watch the game on a FP with 100" screen. I am pulling for the Eagles...but think the Pats are too good....so I want a good game.

JohnnyCasaba
01-31-2005, 07:22 PM
Eagles 27 Patriots 23. Can you tell I'm a Philly fan???? Just happy they did not lose a 4th straight NFC Championship game.

Kpt_Krunch
01-31-2005, 07:36 PM
I hope the Super Bowl goes better than those conference championship games did - both were boring as Philly and New England were in control the whole game.

Sadly, I think it will be much of the same - Belichick is by far the best coach in the NFL. Look what he did to Payton Manning! Two years in a row!! I think the score will be close until the fourth quarter, but the Pats will control the whole game and the outcome will never be in doubt IMO.

But hey - as long as it looks good in HD - that's all I care about anyway :D

picasso
02-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Us New Englanders are rooting for a repeat. Don't discount Philly though because no team is unbeatable, Belichick or not. I never thought I would be saying this, it's okay if we lose this one. We won two of the last three and we're still rejoicing our beloved Red Soxs.

I'll go with:

Pats 34 Philly 31

or is it

Philly 34 Pats 31

Take the Pats straight up and go with Philly if playing the spread.

sensibull
02-01-2005, 09:34 AM
It's been 21 years since a pro Philly team took a title, so I think they're about due. With T.O. back in the lineup and the Birds as confident as they've ever been, I think they might just pull this one out. But hey, that's just the born-and-bred Philly guy in me talking ;-)

jamesg
02-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Eagles 27 Patriots 23. Can you tell I'm a Philly fan???? Just happy they did not lose a 4th straight NFC Championship game.

Cautious optimism! Yes, you are an Eagles fan!

Good advice was: take the Pats straight up and the Eagles on the spread. It seems that NE has a habit of winning SBs by 3 points.

I predict a good game. I don't think it will be a blowout. Just a hunch.

I wish I were watching the game on a 100" TV. Oh well, life's still good.

Coin toss: heads or tails?

bikeman
02-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Here in Syracuse and expecially here at the University, Donavan McNabb is considered the next best thing to the 340's. Pretty much the whole area with the exception of our students from Boston are pulling for the Eagles. I expect the "Boston" Patriots to win but .......GO EAGLES!

David

davef
02-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Gotta go with James on this one....

Don't really care which team wins but my guess it will be the Pats, in a low scoring game. 13-7

BradJudy
02-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Either way, no team from the west of the Mississippi is going to win, so what's the point? :D :eek:

jamesg
02-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Heck, no team in LA has been able to win for the last 10 years. :(

Maybe the Super Bowl winner could be nice and call themselves the Los Angeles Patriots of Foxboro or the Los Angeles Eagles of the Delaware River or somesuch.

S_rangeBrew
02-02-2005, 02:18 PM
As a Patriots fan, I really hated the cardiac-arrest inducing Superbowls they just barely won. As a sports fan, they were fantastic.

After the way the Patriots *humiliated* the Colts and the Steelers, I expect the Eagles to get put down like turkeys on Thanksgiving. The Eagles are from the far inferior NFC, and I suspect it will be a massive blowout.

35-14 New England. Easily. The 7 point spread is a slap in the face to the Patriots. It should be a 14 point spread, at *least*.

It's Dynasty time. *cue music... on Ascends* :cool:

Quinn
02-04-2005, 09:16 AM
It will be a close game. Philly has a much better defense than either the Rams or Carolina did and those both came down to last minute fieldgoals. Pats to win but not to cover the spread. Both teams average giving up 16.3 points a game.

Dave Nelms
02-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Considering that the weather might now become a factor, I hav eto go with the Patriots.

My other predictions would include CBS' continuing terrible football coverage. It should be a law that FOX has the rights to all Superbowls. The commercials are going to be toned down. And, finally, Sir Paul will be singing along to a "GASP" pre-recorded tape.

But is the long run I would just hope for an entertaining game.

Quinn
02-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Man the last few minutes left me thinking I was going to have to pay out!! WHEW!