PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to hear some 170s for the first time!

AjayRav
09-24-2003, 10:41 AM
Well, I'm glad that you like the Ascends as much as we do! I too was blown away when I heard them for the first time. Remember to go to www.audioreview.com and review the 170s, so others can know how much you liked 'em. This goes for all other forumites who haven't done the same!

Regards,
Ajay

Ben_Wood
09-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Cliff, glad to hear that you finally got to experience the Ascends firsthand. I'm sure your co-worker is glad he has a friend with such good advice. Ajay, your comment reminds me that audioreview.com was one of the first places that I saw the Ascends mentioned. In fact, I spent alot of time looking at audioreview.com and cheaphometheater.com before I got my Ascend system.

curtis
09-24-2003, 05:12 PM
All I want is people to listen to them, and then they sell themselves. No referral discounts, and I don't need it. Ascends are an honest product, and sold that way.

Ben, I remember reading your posts somewhere before I got my Ascends.

-curtis

Ben_Wood
09-24-2003, 05:55 PM
Curtis, it makes me proud to think that I might have had a small bit of influence in your "Journey to Ascend"! [:)]

Quinn
09-25-2003, 03:42 AM
Brad Judy on a Rockets' thread is were I learned of Ascend.

Sentinel
10-02-2003, 03:19 PM
I recently made a visit to Curtis' place, and I was easily swayed into the Ascend realm. I'll be making my first purchase in a few weeks.[8D]

Cliff_L
10-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Yay! I finally bit the bullet (or my wallet did, at least). I placed an order for a pair of 170s last Tuesday - David told me it would take approximately a week before they could ship them out. Not bad at all. So now I'm totally anxious to get them. Probably another week after that until I receive them.

I'm hoping that my low-end Pioneer VSX-409 receiver will be able to "handle" these speakers. After my co-worker got his sub in, we listened to the speakers some more and they grew on us even more. Truly amazing sound. He took them home & finally listened to them in a "familiar" environment and said they blew his **** 5.1 system out of the water (and that was before he got his HSU sub).

People keep saying that they lack bass but I didn't find that the case at all. I found that being used as a stereo setup, the rear ported woofers did produce some significant bass.

Now I just need to build the entertainment center I've designed and I'll be a happy man.