PDA

View Full Version : New Ascend owner...

steveinaz
07-25-2017, 01:52 PM
Hello all,
I just ordered the Sierra Towers RAAL version after doing the "sub $4k" speaker research drill. Been into audio since 1972 and it's still a huge passion of mine. I'm a 2-channel dinosaur, and will go surround when I grow 3.1 more ears. LOL. My current system consist of:

Oppo BDP-103 used as a transport for flac's via a USB Hard Drive
Benchmark DAC2 used in preamp mode
Parasound HCA-1500A Power amp
Kimber 8TC/Hero analog cabling; DH Labs digital coaxial for the Oppo-->DAC2
Harbeth Compact HL 7ES-3 speakers

I have quite a challenge for Ascend Acoustics, as these Towers will be potentially unseating Harbeth monitors. Many audio nut friends have asked "why?" well, I'm looking for some energy. The Harbeth's are a "smoking jacket" speaker, and after a period of denial, I am an old rock 'n roller. While the Harbeth's are wonderful in their element, I'm needing some punch; some drive; more bass, and a less laid-back presentation.

Looking at tons of forum comments from a number of forums, and a few reviews, I think the Sierra Towers are exactly what I'm looking for. I did the RAAL version thinking this would help the Towers compete with the 7ES-3's impeccable treble/midrange.

I'm excited. Can't wait for the Towers to arrive.

Steve

natetg57
07-25-2017, 05:24 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new Towers!

Jaybeez
07-25-2017, 09:18 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new Towers!

Me too!

steveinaz
07-26-2017, 11:57 AM
Thanks fellas, looks like about a 3 week wait on Dark Cherry cabs. No big deal, living with Harbeth's isn't exactly torture. I'm also still working on my apology to the wife....LOL

racrawford65
07-27-2017, 10:31 AM
Me too!

me three !