PDA

View Full Version : Want to add a second sub - same model or diffrent?

Bmmonahan
02-21-2017, 09:28 AM
I have the Sierra 2 and horizon center paired with a SVS PB-2000 sub. My next upgrade is for another sub. Do I go with the same model sub or do I mix it up and get a Rythmik sub?

The room is a dedicated theater. 19' X 15' with 8' ceiling. I am currently running 7.1 setup with SVS prime satellites for the side and back surrounds.

Thanks for any input!

Mag_Neato
02-21-2017, 11:56 AM
Since you already have the SVS, unless you are willing to sell it, it would be best to go with another PB-2000. I love my Rythmik, so if I had the budget I would add another. Regardless, I'd keep them the same.

sludgeogre
02-21-2017, 04:37 PM
You absolutely, positively always want to buy identical subs. Getting two different subs, especially from different vendors, to blend together is next to impossible and takes a lot of very complex EQ to do right. Even getting matching subwoofers setup perfectly usually takes a lot of effort, even Dirac doesn't always get it right.

Bmmonahan
02-21-2017, 06:49 PM
Thank you for the info. Are two subs worth the effort? I keep seeing articles where the consensus is that two subs are best for a theater/music room.

sludgeogre
02-21-2017, 10:08 PM
Two identical subs are actually far easier to set up than a single sub.