PDA

View Full Version : Technical question for my diy Rythmik sub build

Joechoes
12-29-2016, 04:19 AM
I bought Rythmik's DS1510 driver and H600XLR kit to build my own box and I missed part of the instructions that specify the outer front baffle is supposed to be 1/2" instead of 3/4" mdf. :eek:

So instead of the driver sitting flush with the front of the speaker it will be recessed 1/2" from the front of the speaker.

What will this do to the sound quality?
Did I totally botch it or will it sound fine?

mikesiskav
12-29-2016, 10:06 PM
I believe that with the frequencies you're dealing with in a subwoofer, you should be just fine. But you may want to confirm that with Brian or Dave.

natetg57
12-30-2016, 05:03 AM
I bought Rythmik's DS1510 driver and H600XLR kit to build my own box and I missed part of the instructions that specify the outer front baffle is supposed to be 1/2" instead of 3/4" mdf. :eek:

So instead of the driver sitting flush with the front of the speaker it will be recessed 1/2" from the front of the speaker.

What will this do to the sound quality?
Did I totally botch it or will it sound fine?

It may sound better since you made your box a little stiffer and heavier

Joechoes
01-02-2017, 07:01 PM
I got a response from Rythmik and they said it would be fine, so you guys are both right.

I have everything together, just don't know how to connect it. There are two sets of wires, one for the servo and one for the driver and I don't know which goes where. I assume the thicker wires go to the driver: but I am not certain.....