PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Lancaster, PA!

Zorak
08-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Greetings from "Amish Country", Lancaster, PA!

I have decided to start saving for a full set of Ascend speakers, for three reasons:

(1 Ascend has an active and enthusiastic community (you guys! :D), and that without a manipulative marketing team driving it behind the scenes! To me there is no better evidence of a quality product.

(2 I have enjoyed reading Dave Fabrikant's posts on this forum. In this cynical age it is a rare pleasure to find a company where the owner genuinely cares and engages with customers. Dave strikes me as one who is able to pull off that rare feat of being both artist and businessman. Too often the vision is compromised in pursuit of the practical, but that does not seem to be the case with Ascend.

(3 As an amateur speaker builder, the Sierra Horizons are the speakers that I wish I could have conceived and built. Proper horizontal speakers are wonderful, but alas they are rare! I much prefer horizontal speakers because they are cat safe. Tall speakers suffer from the danger of tipping if they are not heavy enough, but if they are made heavy enough then they risk becoming a climbing tree!

That said, I look forward to becoming an "official" member of the community once I have some speakers later this year! Now to decide whether to wait and buy all five or seven at once, or to buy them in pairs gradually, and which ones...

Wanger 714
08-15-2016, 06:37 AM
Hello

We have a common thread, well a couple of them . I have a complete Ascends system .. Towers, Horizon, (Raals )and Sierra 2's as my surrounds . The only thing I did not purchase off of Dave/Dina was a pair of PSA 18's ... which I love ... The second thing is I work in Lancaster Ohio ...

Jaybeez
08-22-2016, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy your Ascends. I love mine!

davef
08-22-2016, 11:45 PM
Greetings from "Amish Country", Lancaster, PA!

I have decided to start saving for a full set of Ascend speakers, for three reasons:

(1 Ascend has an active and enthusiastic community (you guys! :D), and that without a manipulative marketing team driving it behind the scenes! To me there is no better evidence of a quality product.

(2 I have enjoyed reading Dave Fabrikant's posts on this forum. In this cynical age it is a rare pleasure to find a company where the owner genuinely cares and engages with customers. Dave strikes me as one who is able to pull off that rare feat of being both artist and businessman. Too often the vision is compromised in pursuit of the practical, but that does not seem to be the case with Ascend.

(3 As an amateur speaker builder, the Sierra Horizons are the speakers that I wish I could have conceived and built. Proper horizontal speakers are wonderful, but alas they are rare! I much prefer horizontal speakers because they are cat safe. Tall speakers suffer from the danger of tipping if they are not heavy enough, but if they are made heavy enough then they risk becoming a climbing tree!

That said, I look forward to becoming an "official" member of the community once I have some speakers later this year! Now to decide whether to wait and buy all five or seven at once, or to buy them in pairs gradually, and which ones...

Welcome to the forum Zorak. Please feel free to contact us directly, should you have any questions, and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Take care!

Zorak
08-25-2016, 10:45 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome fellows!

I am leaning towards the Sierra-2, but I look forward to learning more about the upcoming Sierra Satellite. The classic CMT-340 SE is also a strong contender. I think bookshelves all around will work well for me given placement constraints and listening volumes.