PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Tower with Raal

nino
02-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Hi,

How much power are you feeding your Sierra towers with the Raal tweeter? I know they are a fairly efficient and have read the specifications/ recommendations.

olleracip
05-28-2017, 07:39 AM
Hi, I use a 90 watt per channel Rogue Audio Tube amp which provides more than enough power in a decent size listening room. I had a friend bring by his lower powered Pass Labs amp (30 watts per channel) without any issues (actually sounded amazing). In both amps there's a decent amount of current on tap which might explain some of the good results.

sludgeogre
05-31-2017, 07:21 PM
I'm way overkill with an Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2 that puts out around 200 watts per channel. I run the thing pretty darn low all the time, but I love the insane amounts of dynamics it can push out without ever clipping. I scared the hell out of one of my dogs watching The Accountant. When he shoots out a bunch of windows with a .50 cal, the dog was going nuts looking around the room and looked at me like "WHAT THE HELL DAD, WE'RE UNDER SIEGE!"

Jack1949
06-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Hi,

How much power are you feeding your Sierra towers with the Raal tweeter? I know they are a fairly efficient and have read the specifications/ recommendations.

Hi nino,

FWIW, I'm using a Yamaha RX-A3040 150 W AVR for my towers. I'm about 99% music and for me, the Yamaha and Sierra towers (and Horizon) w/Raal is a great combination.

Jack

racrawford65
06-02-2017, 04:25 PM
I'm way overkill with an Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2 that puts out around 200 watts per channel. I run the thing pretty darn low all the time, but I love the insane amounts of dynamics it can push out without ever clipping. I scared the hell out of one of my dogs watching The Accountant. When he shoots out a bunch of windows with a .50 cal, the dog was going nuts looking around the room and looked at me like "WHAT THE HELL DAD, WE'RE UNDER SIEGE!"

LOL... what kind of dog? I have an 11-year old Pug -- poor guy is blind..and hard of hearing, I think. But, he's a pug and would sleep through a bomb blast or Sabbath played at 11!