PDA

View Full Version : New from Massachusetts

Misfit5150
02-08-2016, 09:27 AM
I'm pretty new to this. I haven't put together a system since the late 80's. I happened to come across a really nice deal a new Marantz sr5010 so I grabbed it up. After many many weeks of reading and research I have decided to go with 3 Sierra 1's NrT upgraded for l/c/r, fv15hd sub and something for surround (not sure what yet) and maybe eventually some external amplification. I will be piecing it together as my budget allows starting with the mains. After reading about ascend for a while they have sold me. They seem like a great company I'm super stoked.

Mike

Chops
02-10-2016, 09:18 AM
Mike,

Hello from New Hampshire.

I'm glad to see another New Englander joining the Ascend community.

I upgraded my speakers from the 80s with RAAL Towers a couple of years ago.
You will not be disappounted with getting new speakers here.

Chops

Misfit5150
02-11-2016, 12:39 AM
Mike,

Hello from New Hampshire.

I'm glad to see another New Englander joining the Ascend community.

I upgraded my speakers from the 80s with RAAL Towers a couple of years ago.
You will not be disappounted with getting new speakers here.

Chops

Nice. Eventually I would like to do a pair of RAAL towers. Budget permitting..lol

davef
02-17-2016, 02:36 AM
I'm pretty new to this. I haven't put together a system since the late 80's. I happened to come across a really nice deal a new Marantz sr5010 so I grabbed it up. After many many weeks of reading and research I have decided to go with 3 Sierra 1's NrT upgraded for l/c/r, fv15hd sub and something for surround (not sure what yet) and maybe eventually some external amplification. I will be piecing it together as my budget allows starting with the mains. After reading about ascend for a while they have sold me. They seem like a great company I'm super stoked.

Mike

Welcome to the forum Mike. We are here for you so just let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Take care!

Misfit5150
02-17-2016, 08:17 AM
Thank you Dave. I'm looking forward to my purchase.

Misfit5150
03-26-2016, 05:47 PM
Just ordered a pair of Sierra 2's in (US) satin dark cherry..I'm so stoked

Chops
03-29-2016, 09:39 AM
If you're already stoked, I can't wait to hear what your comment is going to be the 1st time
you hear the speakers.

MusicHead
03-29-2016, 07:57 PM
Welcome Mike, another Mass resident here, just south of this NH border.

You will like the forum, very nice folks, not to mention DaveF himself, master of the art of music reproduction.

sludgeogre
04-26-2016, 07:05 AM
Well, it's been a month, any listening impressions?

ballen
02-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Reviving an old thread, but new and also from Massachusetts (south shore). Thinking about becoming part of the Ascend community, but before doing so hoping to find some local folks that might be able to audition. Would love a demo of the Sierra series with RAAL to find out if it's the right product for me.

Thanks
Brian