PDA

View Full Version : Sierra-2: Early Impressions

jazzfan
10-18-2015, 10:41 PM
I recently took delivery of a pair of beautiful gloss black Sierra-2 speakers and all I can say is WOW!

Although I've only listened to them for a few hours, it quickly became apparent that the custom Raal tweeter in the Sierra-2 is clearly faster, smoother and more extended than the one used in the KEF LS50, which I've owned for about a year. I found the LS50 to be a bit bright at times and overall less resolving of hall reverberation and other ambient clues when compared to the Sierra-2.

The Raal tweeter in the Sierra-2 is something special. Incredibly detailed without a trace of hardness. Horns and cymbals shine through with a metallic bite and shimmer that other tweeters rarely are able to reproduce. Note, I've paired the Sierra-2 with a JLAudio f113 sub as my desktop system in my small 9'x10' home office.

The Sierra-2 is an extremely revealing instrument that will expose previously undiscovered sonic details in your music library. I'm going to enjoy re-experiencing my entire music collection. I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase.

davef
10-28-2015, 03:11 PM
I recently took delivery of a pair of beautiful gloss black Sierra-2 speakers and all I can say is WOW!

Although I've only listened to them for a few hours, it quickly became apparent that the custom Raal tweeter in the Sierra-2 is clearly faster, smoother and more extended than the one used in the KEF LS50, which I've owned for about a year. I found the LS50 to be a bit bright at times and overall less resolving of hall reverberation and other ambient clues when compared to the Sierra-2.

The Raal tweeter in the Sierra-2 is something special. Incredibly detailed without a trace of hardness. Horns and cymbals shine through with a metallic bite and shimmer that other tweeters rarely are able to reproduce. Note, I've paired the Sierra-2 with a JLAudio f113 sub as my desktop system in my small 9'x10' home office.

The Sierra-2 is an extremely revealing instrument that will expose previously undiscovered sonic details in your music library. I'm going to enjoy re-experiencing my entire music collection. I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase.

Thanks so much for sharing and we are very happy to hear that you are enjoying the Sierra-2!!!