PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Virginia

Sicarius
10-12-2015, 09:00 AM
Hello and warm greetings,

My wife and I recently purchased a pair of Sierra Towers with RAAL and eagerly await their arrival. Btw, the experience could not have been more pleasant, with my going back and forth and my boss back home in the Land of the Rising Sun visiting relatives. Needless to say you cannot ask for a better set of individuals there set to help guide your along the way. That being said, I do have a question that I'd like to share with you.

I have a pair of Pioneer S-55Ts I've had for nearly 32 years. They've been with me through many deployments, one war, two marriages, successes and failures and, for the most part have been the only thing I've carried with me throughout life. I'd like to think I made a wise choice. Other than the information I can gather from the decal located on the back of them (included).

I'd like to use them, paired with the towers and the Horizon Center in a 5.0 or later 5.1 system, but if that's a bad idea please do let me know. We recently purchased a Denon X5200and I gather that should be sufficient. So with that, if anyone has any information, either hearing them in either 2.0 or 5.0 systems, I'd like to hear what your thoughts were of them and thank you for reading this rather long introduction. Arigato!

rsmt2000
11-18-2015, 04:39 PM
Not sure about the pioneers but I am pretty sure you would want RAALs all around once you hear them😀. Probably the soon to arrive Sierra sats are calling your name.

Thanks
Ron

randyrlee2
11-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Welcome to the Sierra RAAL club!

You will need to make up your own mind, but I believe rsmt2000 may be right. My personal speakers from about 40 years ago (Dahlquist DQ-10's) used to be considered amazing. Compared to my RAAL Towers, not so much. In fact, my Sierra's just illuminate all the weaknesses in the Dahlquist's, to the point I can't listen to them any more.

Anyway, congratulations on picking a GREAT speaker. You won't regret it.

randy lee