PDA

View Full Version : Running CMT-340's with 340SE's?

Lord Nikon
05-05-2015, 09:21 AM
I currently have L/R CBM-170se and a CMT-340se center. The chance to grab a pair of L/R CMT-340 classic just fell in to my lap. With regards to the sonic harmony and staging would there be much of an issue running non-SE CMT-340 L/Rs with a 340se center channel? If there is I'll just hold out and get a pair of SE's instead but I wanted to see what you folks had to say first. Thanks!

davef
05-08-2015, 06:38 PM
I currently have L/R CBM-170se and a CMT-340se center. The chance to grab a pair of L/R CMT-340 classic just fell in to my lap. With regards to the sonic harmony and staging would there be much of an issue running non-SE CMT-340 L/Rs with a 340se center channel? If there is I'll just hold out and get a pair of SE's instead but I wanted to see what you folks had to say first. Thanks!

it would really depend on how critical of a listener you are. The custom built SEAS tweeters in the "SE" version are a nice step up in performance from the original tweeters, as are the woofers. If you like to listen at very loud levels, I would recommend foregoing the classic version in favor of the newer "SE" version.