PDA

View Full Version : Daredevil: Netflix hit this one out of the park!

Mag_Neato
04-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Just thought I'd post this as a recommended must see.

I saw the promos for Daredevil on Netflix and figured it might be worth checking out. Boy was I wrong. It is DEFINITELY worth checking out! There are only 13 episodes so far, of which I've watched 11. Savoring the last two so to speak. While some of the acting has a bit to be desired with certain characters, the writing is fantastic.

Anyone else give it a watch yet?

luisv
04-20-2015, 11:06 AM
For sure... already watched the whole season and can't wait for the next one. :cool: Also looking forward to the other Marvel series that Netflix will be having:

http://screenrant.com/marvel-netflix-deal-tv-shows-daredevil-luke-cage-iron-fist-jessica-jones/

My wife and I have had many eye opening experiences such as yours with Netflix as well as BBC America. We're tired on the reality shows and lack luster comedies on regular TV, cable / satellite and have been binge-watching better shows such as Luther, The Fall, The Killing, and many others on Netflix.

curtis
04-20-2015, 02:20 PM
OK...now I have to watch it!

davef
04-20-2015, 06:59 PM
OK...now I have to watch it!

Me too!

debo
04-21-2015, 08:37 AM
Been looking for something new to watch!

luisv
04-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Maybe we should start a new official thread of what to watch. :cool:

curtis
04-22-2015, 12:38 AM
I just finished episode #4...I'm going to be tired in the morning, but I am hooked!

Blutarsky
04-22-2015, 06:39 AM
We are watching 2 episodes per night. The Wilson Fisk character is a great antagonist/villain
The only things I watch on major networks now are the Simpsons, Family Guy, and Football.

curtis
04-22-2015, 09:32 AM
The Wilson Fisk character....
Yes! Played by Vincent D'Onofrio....who, if you remember, among various other roles over the years, was the "Gomer Pyle" character on Full Metal Jacket. Whenever I see him, I just can't get that out of my head.

curtis
04-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Good news!

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/22/daredevil-second-series-netflix/

Mag_Neato
04-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Finished the series.....excellent! Can't wait for the next season.

I've been watching all the freaking Marvel/DC Comics based shows. SHIELD, The Flash, Arrow and Gotham. I think I need a support group!

Edit: Just saw that link about a 2nd season + other new shows. GREAT....I will never have time to get anything done at home!

luisv
04-22-2015, 11:32 AM
Good news!

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/22/daredevil-second-series-netflix/

Excellent!

davef
04-22-2015, 06:13 PM
Finished the series.....excellent! Can't wait for the next season.

I've been watching all the freaking Marvel/DC Comics based shows. SHIELD, The Flash, Arrow and Gotham. I think I need a support group!

Edit: Just saw that link about a 2nd season + other new shows. GREAT....I will never have time to get anything done at home!

My son and I have really been enjoying the Flash. Can't seem to get into Arrow though, too many characters to keep track of. Looking forward to watching Daredevil.

Mag_Neato
04-23-2015, 11:05 AM
My son and I have really been enjoying the Flash. Can't seem to get into Arrow though, too many characters to keep track of. Looking forward to watching Daredevil.

Dave, how old is your son? Daredevil was written without network TV in mind and has strong language and violence. No "F" bombs, but most everything else. Pretty graphic, much more so than the Flash, etc.

curtis
04-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Finished episode #6. I will finish the series this weekend....kind of feel sad about that.

curtis
04-24-2015, 04:03 PM
Out of curiosity, what is device is everyone using to stream the show.

I was using Apple TV, but switched over to the Amazon Fire TV Stick. I also have a Chromecast, but have stopped using it.

The Apple TV does not seem to support Dolby Digital Plus, whereas the Fire TV Stick does.

Mag_Neato
04-24-2015, 08:58 PM
Roku2. Not sure what the format was but I think maybe PL2x?

Blutarsky
04-24-2015, 10:28 PM
ROKU 2 with upgraded chip.

luisv
04-25-2015, 04:32 AM
Amazon Fire TV is what I've been using since it was released. I side loaded Kodi (XMBC), so it replaced the Apple TV and a Popcorn Hour in my system. So far, it works out rather well. Time will tell if I place the rumored new Apple TV back into my system... just need to wait for WWDC in June to find out if that will happen. :cool:

debo
04-25-2015, 09:20 AM
TiVo Roamio and it plays in Dolby Digital Plus

curtis
04-26-2015, 10:58 AM
I finished off the season yesterday....now the wait begins for the next season!

luisv...I'm interested in doing the Fire TV and side loaded XBMC. Do you play FLAC files with it?

davef
04-27-2015, 04:59 PM
Dave, how old is your son? Daredevil was written without network TV in mind and has strong language and violence. No "F" bombs, but most everything else. Pretty graphic, much more so than the Flash, etc.

Son is 13 -- we have already started watching it. First 3 episodes finished -- so well done, really enjoying it. That fight scene in the hallway was amazing!

curtis
04-29-2015, 02:44 PM
Son is 13 -- we have already started watching it. First 3 episodes finished -- so well done, really enjoying it. That fight scene in the hallway was amazing!
He's 13 already???

It gets a little more graphic, but I think he'll be fine.

davef
04-29-2015, 02:59 PM
He's 13 already???

I know, right? Where the heck has the time gone? I really miss my little boy...

curtis
04-30-2015, 01:25 PM
I know, right? Where the heck has the time gone? I really miss my little boy...
Yeah...tell me about it. Mine will be 18 and 16 this summer.

The older one decided to wait on getting his license....just got his learners permit a couple of weeks ago. The younger one got her's a week later. So BOTH are learning at the same time!

They will be sharing my old car...and I will be getting a new one this summer! That is my silver lining.

davef
05-01-2015, 11:08 AM
The older one decided to wait on getting his license....just got his learners permit a couple of weeks ago. The younger one got her's a week later. So BOTH are learning at the same time!

They will be sharing my old car...and I will be getting a new one this summer! That is my silver lining.

Oh my Curtis! Both of them learning at the same time AND sharing a car? Instead of you buying a new car, get yourself an RV so that you can disappear at will ;)