PDA

View Full Version : Hey from North Carolina

Blues Fan
11-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Fingers drumming...toes tapping...waiting for Sierra II's to arrive. Having to "downsize" from my old reliable Klipsch Chorus II's has got me a tad worried but I'm hoping the new Sierra II's will keep me happy. I know the wife will be glad to have the extra room minus the Klipschs for her "redecorated" living room - me with fingers crossed.
All the reviews for the Sierra II's have been stellar, so I'm hoping for the best.

Sivar
11-20-2014, 02:55 PM
For all their size, the Sierra 2's have similar frequency response charts (they trail off about 2Hz sooner in the bass region). Horn speakers are very efficient though so you will need more power to get the same volume. Sound quality should be noticeably better. See my own Klipsch vs. Sierra 2 review (http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?5829-Sierra-2-As-honest-a-review-as-I-can-do).

Blues Fan
11-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Sivar, Thanks for the link to your comparison! Hopefully I won't miss those two 15" woofers in each speaker. Might just have to add a sub if I still want to "rattle the china".

RickGreen
08-08-2023, 06:04 PM
Hi, I live in Asheville NC and would love to get a listen to the Sierra speakers if you were amenable to having a fellow audiophile take a short listen to escape the costly shipping from CA. What city are you in.

Rick Green
rickgreenunc@gmail.com

Mp84
01-29-2024, 02:57 PM
Hey NC here too! Congrats on your purchase!