PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Pennsylvania

c.coyle
07-28-2014, 09:33 AM
I've been back into audio since January,after 15 or so years of taking care of other things. In that time I've rehabbed some vintage Marantz and Kenwood gear and have been using them with cheap (but pretty damn good) Pioneer BS-41 speakers. 2 channel only, FLACS, Schiit Modi DAC, and FM.

I've been slowly replacing some of the tools and test gear that I got rid of back then, and building cables and interconnects, etc. I like to tinker.

Last night I pulled the trigger on a pair of CBM-170 SE's. Can't wait. Only time and my tin ears will tell, but I am attracted by Ascend's straightforward, no BS, no voodoo approach.

Chris

davef
07-31-2014, 03:30 AM
I've been back into audio since January,after 15 or so years of taking care of other things. In that time I've rehabbed some vintage Marantz and Kenwood gear and have been using them with cheap (but pretty damn good) Pioneer BS-41 speakers. 2 channel only, FLACS, Schiit Modi DAC, and FM.

I've been slowly replacing some of the tools and test gear that I got rid of back then, and building cables and interconnects, etc. I like to tinker.

Last night I pulled the trigger on a pair of CBM-170 SE's. Can't wait. Only time and my tin ears will tell, but I am attracted by Ascend's straightforward, no BS, no voodoo approach.

Chris

Thanks for getting your order in, Chris. I definitely look forward to your thoughts on the 170's!

Enjoy!!!