PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Dave and Dina

moris4wildlife
04-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Dave and Dina - Thank you for accommodating me and my son last week to audition speakers during a busy period for you. We truly enjoyed ourselves and it was one of the highlights of our week in SoCal. You were great hosts and we felt comfortable and at home.

For the other forum readers, I've been a happy and satisfied owner of the original version 170 speakers for about 10 years. About a month-and-a-half ago, my older son bought my speakers from me and I've been without sounds since. I was in the market for a new pair and so I checked out the Ascend website. To my surprise I noticed another new bookshelf speaker - The Sierra 2. I began reading the product descriptions and customer reviews and was intrigued, actually hooked. The reviews were unanimous. The top end was clean and distortion free, even at high volume, and the sound was "you-are-there" quality. Well, I wanted to hear these speakers for myself. I mean how much difference could there be between the 170s, which I thought sounded 'live'. This led to the audition last Thursday (17th), while I was visiting SoCal for the spring break, even though the price point was well out of my budget. I started with the 170s and moved to the 2s. All I want to say here is that once I got to the 2s, there was no turning back, no desire to go backwards and re-listen. Enough has been written about the sound quality of these speakers elsewhere on this forum, so I won't even bother. The smile on my son's face said it all (he's a musician). Let's just say that my budget magically increased to 1500.00. I will save a little more and wait two months longer, but the wait will be well worth it. Notice I simply bypassed the Sierra 1, which was distinctly more refined than the 170s and would be easier on my wallet. But like I said, there was no turning back.

Again, thank you Dave and Dina for your hospitality. Much continued success to you. - Bryan

davef
04-21-2014, 02:32 PM
Dave and Dina - Thank you for accommodating me and my son last week to audition speakers during a busy period for you. We truly enjoyed ourselves and it was one of the highlights of our week in SoCal. You were great hosts and we felt comfortable and at home.

For the other forum readers, I've been a happy and satisfied owner of the original version 170 speakers for about 10 years. About a month-and-a-half ago, my older son bought my speakers from me and I've been without sounds since. I was in the market for a new pair and so I checked out the Ascend website. To my surprise I noticed another new bookshelf speaker - The Sierra 2. I began reading the product descriptions and customer reviews and was intrigued, actually hooked. The reviews were unanimous. The top end was clean and distortion free, even at high volume, and the sound was "you-are-there" quality. Well, I wanted to hear these speakers for myself. I mean how much difference could there be between the 170s, which I thought sounded 'live'. This led to the audition last Thursday (17th), while I was visiting SoCal for the spring break, even though the price point was well out of my budget. I started with the 170s and moved to the 2s. All I want to say here is that once I got to the 2s, there was no turning back, no desire to go backwards and re-listen. Enough has been written about the sound quality of these speakers elsewhere on this forum, so I won't even bother. The smile on my son's face said it all (he's a musician). Let's just say that my budget magically increased to 1500.00. I will save a little more and wait two months longer, but the wait will be well worth it. Notice I simply bypassed the Sierra 1, which was distinctly more refined than the 170s and would be easier on my wallet. But like I said, there was no turning back.

Again, thank you Dave and Dina for your hospitality. Much continued success to you. - Bryan

Bryan -- it was our sincere pleasure -- and since you are music-less for a while, feel free to come on by anytime for some more listening :)

Thanks again!!!