PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Boston MA

john
04-16-2014, 04:39 PM
Hi All,

Hoping there is someone in my area who would not mind showing off the Sierra towers. Thinking of buying but would like a listen first. Currently have Emotiva XPA 1L mono amp and **** 901 series 3 but looking to upgrde on the speaker end.

Thank You

John:D

loonytunes
05-03-2014, 04:15 AM
Hi John, i'm from Iowa, just wanted to say, welcome to the forum. I have the towers with RAAL. All I can say is, WOW.

john
05-03-2014, 09:59 AM
Hi John, i'm from Iowa, just wanted to say, welcome to the forum. I have the towers with RAAL. All I can say is, WOW.

Hi Loonytunes, Enjoy.....................
Just wish someone in my area had a pair to give a listen to as I have been doing lots of listening in that price range. Do you feel the need for a sub. What kind of music are you listening to.

loonytunes
05-03-2014, 06:12 PM
I listen to a wide range of music. 80's hair band to country. Instrumentals to heavy bass club mixes. The towers have a well balanced sound. I get tight bass down to probably 40 hz. My room is empty due to remodeling and I'm quite certain the acoustics aren't helping. I prefer a deep low vibe with my music when appropriate. I just listened to a great bass lick from Great White. Bluesy groove, the speakers never missed a lick. Awesome. I fully planned on a sub or two when I bought these as they perform double duty. Fronts in my HT system. What speakers have you listened to?

john
05-04-2014, 07:45 AM
I listen to a wide range of music. 80's hair band to country. Instrumentals to heavy bass club mixes. The towers have a well balanced sound. I get tight bass down to probably 40 hz. My room is empty due to remodeling and I'm quite certain the acoustics aren't helping. I prefer a deep low vibe with my music when appropriate. I just listened to a great bass lick from Great White. Bluesy groove, the speakers never missed a lick. Awesome. I fully planned on a sub or two when I bought these as they perform double duty. Fronts in my HT system. What speakers have you listened to?

I have been listening to lots of stuff KEF, Philharmonic 3, Salk Towers, B&W, Golden Ears Definitive Tech, Totem and RAL subs. Favs so far are Philīs and KEF with subs. I am into 60īs rock, jazz, some classical, organ music to work the speakers and a bit of country.

loonytunes
05-04-2014, 07:13 PM
A lot of good stuff. Are they in the same price range as Ascend?

john
05-04-2014, 07:42 PM
yes most between $2 and 3K with sub. the Phils are 3.5K

loonytunes
05-04-2014, 08:07 PM
I really hope you get a chance to hear the Ascends. I bought mine without hearing them. Often not recommended, but I couldn't be happier. Check out Audioholics forum if you haven't. That's where I heard about Ascend. Lot of helpful folks there.

john
05-05-2014, 03:31 PM
hoping I get a chance to hear them too but no luck in y area so far. Hate to buy unheard so am leaning toward Phil 3 or KEF at this timee

loonytunes
05-06-2014, 03:20 AM
Maybe try a different thread header. "Looking for audition in Boston area" maybe.

john
05-06-2014, 05:43 AM
okay hope it works thank you for the tip