PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Rossville, GA (near Chattanooga, TN)

bluerondo
04-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Hello to all in the the Ascend Acoustics community. I'm an old school audiophile who's been out of touch with the A/V technology for awhile and is just now getting back in the game. I own a lot of varied high end CD, DVD-A, and Blu-Ray audio titles from all over the place musically (particularly love the progressive rock and country rock sub-genre's), but all over the place musically. I own SACD's, HDCD's a couple blu-ray audio titles, and a lot of expanded edition and import titles. I just recently purchased a Denon AVR-3313CI A/V receiver, an Oppo BDP-103, and a Samsung UN46FH6030FFXZA 46 Inch LED TV, but I'm currently running on only a pair of 1991 Infinity Reference 3 speakers (see attached text file for specs), formerly three-way, but the midranges blew out and can't be replaced, and the woofers have been replaced but the speakers sound like crap, so I'm dying to get a pait to replace these and then build in increments (front pair, then center & back pair, then finally a sub-woofer). A friend at work turned me on to this site, and I'm looking at perhaps the CMT-340 SE Mini-Towers or CBM-170 SE bookshelf speakers, since I can't do much after what I put out on the rest this year. Is there anyone out there in reasonable proximity to the Chattanooga, TN area who has any Ascend Acoustics speakers, especially the ones mentioned above, so perhaps I could actually hear them myself. These folks seem like a winner to do business with, but I'd still of course like to hear them myself first. If I get the CMT-340 SE Mini-Towers I'll likely wall mount hem rather than get the stands. Please let me know if you can help in any way, and thanks to all of you out there. It's great to be somewhat back in business after so long. Kids and bills tend to curb one's audio budget severely.

Peabody
04-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm a couple of hours away in Knoxville. I have Sierra Towers and Horizon across the front and CBM-170 SE as rear surrounds. I could easily move the CBM-170s up front and let you hear them as mains. Sorry I don't have a pair of 340s. Send me a PM if you're interested.