PDA

View Full Version : New to forum, waiting for speaker build

calcoast
01-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Hello all,
I have ordered a pair of Towers, a Horizon and a pair of Sierra 2's(for surrounds) all with RAAL tweeter and all high gloss black. If I survive the 2 month build time, I would like to be prepared for immediate installation upon their arrival so I have a couple questions. What are dimensions of the Plinth base that the Towers are mounted to and what is the distance between the spike cone feet center to center. I am considering the Auralex® ProPAD isolators but I'm not sure what size would work. I would like to either set the spikes on the PAD or remove the spikes and set the Plinth on the PAD. Hardwood floor issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Peabody
01-17-2014, 06:30 AM
Hello all,
I have ordered a pair of Towers, a Horizon and a pair of Sierra 2's(for surrounds) all with RAAL tweeter and all high gloss black. If I survive the 2 month build time, I would like to be prepared for immediate installation upon their arrival so I have a couple questions. What are dimensions of the Plinth base that the Towers are mounted to and what is the distance between the spike cone feet center to center. I am considering the Auralex® ProPAD isolators but I'm not sure what size would work. I would like to either set the spikes on the PAD or remove the spikes and set the Plinth on the PAD. Hardwood floor issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum!

Here are the measurements on my towers:

Plinths are 10" x 13.5" (width x depth; front edge is curved, this is at deepest point).
Spikes are 8.75" x 11.5" (tough to measure exactly with spikes embedded in carpet, but this is pretty close).

Looks like the spikes are a little too wide for the smaller ProPAD (8" x 13"). Perhaps they would work well enough without the spikes, setting the plinth directly on the ProPAD.

Here's a link to a post with an alternative to the spikes to protect floors (hope the link works):

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?4630-The-Tower-Discussion-Thread!&p=46626#post46626

Have patience during the wait. They are well worth it!