PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Center Channel position horizontally or vertically?

natetg57
12-21-2013, 05:51 AM
I will be upgrading to the '2'. Will the Raal change the way this speaker sounds off axis when used horizontally? I prefer that look but also considering going vertically. What do you all think? Worth the downgrade in aesthetics? My wife is being VERY understandable...10101011

loonytunes
04-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Hi nate. Although the off axis response looks great on the RAAL, the graph from the Tower page is for horizontal axis. Would it be the same for vertical? I can't say. It may sound great. If not, I should think it would be a matter of taking a few screws out, rotating the RAAL, and resecuring it. Of course there is always the Horizon center ;)

loonytunes
05-24-2014, 12:21 AM
Update. After hearing the RAAL tweet I can say that off axis both horizontally and vertically sound very good. I also found out, rotating the tweet is how they ship if you order them as a center.

SpeedD408
05-24-2014, 08:32 AM
Ascend makes a Sierra-2 Center. I believe all they do is install the tweeter rotated so the RAAL is still in a vertical position. If you already have the 2, you can probably rotate it yourself.

natetg57
05-24-2014, 10:45 AM
I decided to go with the Sierra-2 center oriented horizontally. It looks better and I have no complaints about the sound.